Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for old/vintage skis to buy (job lot!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Snowheads,

I'm reaching out to you all with a special request. I'm on the hunt for old or vintage skis, and lots of them! Whether you've got a pair collecting dust in your attic or know a rental shop that's looking to clear out some old inventory, I'm interested in buying them.

What I'm Looking For:
Quantity: High volumes - 10 to 20 pairs of skis.
Condition: Any condition is welcome, from well-loved to just gathering dust. I'm not picky about the state they're in.
Era: Vintage, old-school models, or anything pre-2000s would be perfect, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Feel free to drop a message here or send me a direct message if you have any leads or skis to sell. Every pair counts, and I truly appreciate any help you can provide in tracking down these vintage treasures. Im based in SE London, but happy to drive anywhere in the UK/France to collect 10+ pairs of skis.

Thanks so much, Snowheads! I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully, adding some of your old skis to my collection.

Happy skiing

Joe
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very interesting @joeyg but....Why?? Laughing

Shame I took a pair of 1992 Salomon matchsticks to the tip fairly recently... rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@joeyg, maybe try approaching a dry slope- they tend to have lots of old “well used” skis. Welwyn and Brentwood are probably your nearest.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @snowdave . A good suggestion. I've reached out to a few dry slopes, Brentwood, Chatham, Bowles, but my attempts tend to fall into a black hole! I'll try Welwyn dry slope next!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@joeyg, Joe, Chamonix now has a "Resourcerie" where folk can drop off serviceable stuff of any nature (well, not e.g. mother-in-laws) and other folks can pick up for free and re-use. It's very popular.

Iirc, there's a whole bundle of old skis. Some very old, some not so much. I don't think anyone would mind if you tipped up and took care of the less usable ones?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The council run recycling facilities in Bourg St Maurice, Aime and La Plagne 1800 all have a skip for old skis - worth a call to find out what they do with them. The sites are currently operated by Veolia on behalf of the Council.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@joeyg, hi, I have 3 pairs of 20th c skis and bindings. If you’re not in a rush, may be able to get them transported down to W. Hampstead, next times relatives who live there visit us.

Like others, I’m curious to know what you’d do with them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Courthouse Street Yard in Hastings had 2 or 3 pairs last time I was in there, I don't think they have a phone number so you'd really have to go in and see, if you're in SE London you could always make it a day trip to the seaside!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy