Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I can ski again!

Poster: A snowHead
Well, to some extent. My physio is happy for me to ski at places like Castleford Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

With the support a ski boot gives me, she sees no problem in me skiing as such. The thing now is to bring up my overall fitness, to be fit for skiing next season. But she thinks I should have no problem.

Yeeha!!!!

Oops. Sorry. Hope that wasn't too loud Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nick Zotov, delighted to hear it!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick Zotov, YEEHA!!!!! You must be really pleased. You coming to the ski test then??? And the PSB???
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick Zotov, Very Happy. See you in a couple of weeks at Castleford, then!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick Zotov, Top Banana Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys! Hope to make the Castleford Test. She Who Must Be Obeyed hasn't been home since I had the good news - so I haven't got the Castleford test through the What We Are Doing At Weekends Committee, yet. But I hope to be there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick Zotov, Excellent news, I too have been given the all clear to start skiing at Castleford I am just working on fitness and considering knee braces at the moment.

[b]Let It Snow[/b] snowHead snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick Zotov, I remember asking if I would be able to ski after my first big knee operation. The Doctor looked at the delight on my face and said that I seemed happy with that. I said I was over the moon as I couldn't ski beforehand. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Russell, hope to see you there. I had hoped to meet up with you at LDA in January.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick Zotov, pleased to hear that news Very Happy Great stuff!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick Zotov, great news - hope to see you find your ski legs again at Castleford.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wahey, one snowHead back in working order again.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick Zotov, Great news! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Congrats Nick Zotov Very Happy snowHead Cool
snow report
Nick Zotov, that's brilliant news!
snow report
Nick Zotov, Russell, Wonderful news, both of you. (looking for cheering smilie) Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks everybody.

Today was very upbeat. Great news from the physio, first jug of Pimms this summer, first BBQ (wasn't up to it before). Great stuff. I feel alive. Very Happy

Thanks, too, for the support when I was a bit down.
snow report
Hey, well done Nick Zotov and Russell, I'm sure you've put a lot of work into getting to this stage.
snow conditions
Nick Zotov, Great News. Might even see you at LDA in January then? I'm there 13th - 20th.
latest report
Nick Zotov, Great news Nick! We haven't met but weren't you originally a Lardyjet-express-er ? Smile
snow report
cathy, thanks!
Colin B, Plans a little uncertain yet, but probably not - nice though it would be to do it.
Jerry, yes Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Nick - well done.... enjoy yourself you will soon be good as new I'm sure....

I'm allowed to walk uphill now.... still limited sitting, no running, nothing that involves twisting,bending, lifting, stretching, etc etc etc... not a happy camper....
I can go to pilates class at the physios only.... and i have a veto on my range of movements etc yippee Sad

Funny how you get the most insane drives to do massive workouts once someone has said "NO" ... (physio swears I'll soon be back to doing stuff but... it feels so looooonng)
snow conditions
Nick Zotov, Great news, do you think the PSB could perhaps be a nice gentle back to skiing trip? Laughing
ski holidays
Linds, I think he should come Very Happy Nick Zotov, You wouldn't have to ski energetically. You could just cruise around gently and spend a lot of time watching from the terrace! Bring Mrs Zotov too - why not? Very Happy
snow report
Nick Zotov, Excellent news!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
Linds, and easiski, stop tempting me, you two. Quite apart on whether I would be fit enough, you are promoting divorce!

Plans so far are Castleford, thoughts of a week in St Anton (haven't been there since before they moved the railway station) and the EOSB (hope to have some sort of skiing MOT with easiski). Not at all sure about the St Anton bit. For a start, my boss (who is a skier) is keen to keep an eye one me , and is threatening to let me go skiing only if I go with him! If I did that, I guess it would mean Grindelwald. There are worse fates.

But then again, isn't it great settling back with a beer at the Lutins after a cracking day out? Decisions, decisions. snowHead
ski holidays
Mrs Zotov could come too, and sit on the terrace. It was lovely and warm last year.
snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick Zotov, Bring your good lady with you for a nice relaxing pre-winter break Laughing You know you really want to Toofy Grin
Quote:

isn't it great settling back with a beer at the Lutins after a cracking day out?

We did a little bit of that last year Laughing
ski holidays
Nick Zotov and Russell andlittle tiger, it's really good to hear that you are all mending.

Nick - we need you better for the EOSB "Nick" room!
snow conditions
Nick Zotov, Russell, pleased to hear you've both reached this key point in your recovery, must be a relief to arrive at this point and know that soon you'll be back to skiing in the hills again!

little tiger, missed what happened to you but don't lose heart, keep at it and I'm sure you'll be back on skis soon too snowHead
snow conditions
Woo Hoo !
latest report
Russell wrote:
Nick Zotov, Excellent news, I too have been given the all clear to start skiing at Castleford I am just working on fitness and considering knee braces at the moment.

[b]Let It Snow[/b] snowHead snowHead

My Donjoy knee brace is great - wearing it for tennis, & will have to wear it for skiing. My brother, who did his ACL 6weeks before me, snowboarding, has an Edge brace, which he wears to crew a Tornado & ride a motorbike in!
Glad you're all on the mend Very Happy
snow report
geri wrote:
..............My brother, who did his ACL 6weeks before me, snowboarding, has an Edge brace, which he wears to crew a Tornado & ride a motorbike in!
Glad you're all on the mend Very Happy

Wow! I know Douglas Bader flew with tin legs - but I didn't know the RAF was still that flexible. Good to see, Very Happy

See you at the EOSB?
ski holidays
Nick Zotov, Very Happy Very Happy Its a nasty catamaran dinghy thing, involving trapezes, & high speed. He does it competetively - European championships in Germany next week, so the need to get back to it was urgent! Crazy man rolling eyes
latest report
slikedges wrote:
little tiger, missed what happened to you but don't lose heart, keep at it and I'm sure you'll be back on skis soon too snowHead

thanks...

I managed to rotate right hemipelvis forward... this (I am told) is not easy to do so in the process I also
a) tilted sacrum
b) destabilised sacroiliac joint (actually that may have been already unstable since an accident in hospital - not sure... if so it contributed)
c) twisted a whole lot of stuff in my upper right back/shoulders

at current rate of progress skiing is assured - I just need to make sure i do not do any more stupid things between now and then....

because i normally work quite a bit on core stuff for skiing (pilates, fitball, gym stuff with core emphasis, yada yada) I have the background strength.... but this is the second time I have mangled self in same way in 1.5 years... need to let it heal properly this time.... and get strength/stability/range of movement/flexibility back that has been lost in the last 1.5 years (plus lose all the weight gained = 8kg)

Physio insists I am physically well off for my years - just need to rectify the results of having a very unstable foot & knee... I am told my body is well able to manage this if I am prepared to work on it... ah well...
latest report
little tiger, good luck.
snow report
little tiger, sounds like a whole load of patience and no small pain involved! Best of luck to you!
snow report
Nick Zotov,

Good news
Maybe we will see you in Engleberg then..?? Laughing
snow conditions
Thanks guys....

slikedges - yes much patience because even turning over in bed can put stuff out.... Pain - yes but (thankfully) much pain perception is the part where your body goes "that is NOT RIGHT". Being unable to sense that perception of something being in the wrong spot, I get less pain.... unfortunately I also am more likely to do stuff that is NOT good for me (ie if I had sensed more pain would probably have got fixed sooner in each injury - hence faster recovery time... and much less reinjury risk)

As a way to understand it - I skied for 2 weeks(and a half) on a torn calf muscle - because after the initial injury(which I rested, iced etc) I could feel no pain (body adjusted pain receptors)... the assumption was "no pain = no bad injury" only when I pointed out the continual swelling (fluid from tear) did someone think to inspect up close.... ooops .... ditto for medial ligament.... and I have almost certainly no ankle ligaments intact in 1 ankle - same situation - and not lots in the other.... I "fell off feet" so often and never felt pain after the initial injury.... so no-one noticed until the physio tested foot function..... ummmm not much at all in right foot... it is a very rigid little foot.... not happy walking really....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy