Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childrens ski school - la Plagne 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we are heading to La Plagne 1800 next Feb with family, including a 12 and 7yr old. I was about to book Oxygene ski school but the realised it was in another one of the La Plagne villages, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how easy it it to get around in La Plagne or if there are any ski schools in 1800. Our chalet is about 200m from the La Plagne 1800 chairlift. Not adverse to buses, we stayed in Val Thorens last year and jumped on the free bus every morning to get the littlest to ski school which was no hassle at all
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've used both Lime Ski School and Oxygene for our two boys since they were 4 years old (now 11 and 9) but we always stay up in Belle Plagne. Our friends use Reflex and their two boys love them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ESF used to meet at the area next to the 1800 chair. I think oxygene can pick up by minibus also.

Also check the times for ski school if using buses. I seem to remember their being only 1 bus that would get to centre on time for early lessons.

This was a few years back though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LeanneLlew, Oxygene will pick you up.
The usual resort bus will take you to Plagne Centre the long way round, via Bellecote. But there is one bus just before 0900 (not sure of precise time) that goes direct from 1800 to Plagne Centre - presumably the bus jarji refers to.
I would avoid ESF. We play Count the Class-size from the chairlift most days. ESF children classes often approach 20. Complete waste of time and money.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info - i might email Oxygene and see how the pick ups work. We would like to avoid ESF if possible as well - both the children have only skied once and last year we used Prosneige in Val Thorens who were brilliant - only 6-8 children per group. My son is fine and confident and would probably be fine with ESF but my daughter (was only just 5 last year) was nervous and is generally not a fan of new situtations - she did really well and loved it but did need a bit more attention!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy