Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ever had a fist fight on the slopes with another skier/snowboarder?

Poster: A snowHead
if so, i would love to hear the story…
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you just here to spam the place with stupid questions?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, bugger off
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i don’t think it’s a stupid question. that’s simply your opinion
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If I had I wouldn't tell you but I haven't. Go away and stop trying to annoy people.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
seems like a lot of happy people in here
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The irony, the fist fights all seem to be on here. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, no fist fights or any other type, or even shouting. But if there was I'm sure they'd take more form of Errol Flynn but with ski poles instead of swords.

http://youtube.com/v/dBmXRoEHnQ4

Or this one on the piste

http://youtube.com/v/be7VVOzogpk

This was the daft type of answer you were looking for I take it
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Absolutely not, who would resort to violence over something as lovely as being in the mountains?!

If you're the kind of person that gets angry that easily, then you shouldn't be around others...

What made you think to ask this?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
trip trap trip trap
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thomasski wrote:
Absolutely not, who would resort to violence over something as lovely as being in the mountains?!

If you're the kind of person that gets angry that easily, then you shouldn't be around others...

What made you think to ask this?

absolutely fully agree with you. i’ve just come across aggressive people on the slopes here and there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never seen a fight or anything like one. closest I've ever felt to it was when an arrogant English ski instructor nearly skied into my young daughter and then suggested she shouldn't be on the slope when she was crying as a result of him covering her with snow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Unsurprisingly perhaps I've seen a couple and been involved in one / was close to one in another; ALL have been in France Shocked

None I might add, have EVER been instigated by myself!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eaglesandsnowboarding wrote:

You're the "why no helmet" thread guy right?

Well just like in ice hockey, on the slopes it's considered ungentlemanly to wear a helmet during a fist fight. To avoid all that fiddling around getting a helmet off when trouble starts - many folk don't wear them so they'll be ready for a punch up.
snow conditions
frejul wrote:
eaglesandsnowboarding wrote:

You're the "why no helmet" thread guy right?

Well just like in ice hockey, on the slopes it's considered ungentlemanly to wear a helmet during a fist fight. To avoid all that fiddling around getting a helmet off when trouble starts - many folk don't wear them so they'll be ready for a punch up.

yup. i’m that guy
latest report
No to fist fight but had an instructor shove my daughter out of her way because she didn't move aside fast enough in lift queue
snow report
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2852382&highlight=pirin#2852382
snow report
Yep. One time I met a guy called tsgsh on the slopes. The guy got really aggressive when I clicked my poles at him before safely overtaking him as required by the FIS Code of Conduct. He chased me and we ended up having a punch-up. Fortunately I won and lived to tell the tale.
ski holidays
@Pyramus, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes for me too. One time I saw a guy who had his internet handle on the helmet that reads “eaglesandsnowboarding”. I deliberately ran into him. When he tried to run away, I chased him and whack him with my pole. Since I have weapon and he didn’t, I got the better of him.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 9-03-24 18:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
People running various ski clinics I’ve been on, had stories of fisticuffs they’d witnessed, all in busy lift queues. So secondhand, one story was of a 20’s thug who jumped a big lift queue in Tignes, in the process knocking over a petite lady. The husband KO’d the culprit, whereupon en masse the queue cheered.
latest report
In 15 years snowboarding around the world I don't recall a punch up on the slopes, just generally happy people and a few drunks. Considering my short fuse I'm actually quite surprised!!
snow report
I came close, a guy made an unexpected turn into my path (lesson learned there) I just clipped him & he fell on the spot, I did a full end over end garage sale. Needless to say, quite rightly, the other guy was calling abuse & threats of violence towards me in a London accent. I walked back up the hill, apologising and collecting bits as I went, as he came down the hill, swearing at me.
Fortunately, my equipment had been travelling at the same, high velocity as me, so I managed to retrieve it all nearby.
I decided that cowardice was the best option at this point, big, angry Londoner vs skinny 21 yr old, nah! Fcuk that, I clicked into my skis & pointed them downhill, the way he was moving towards me, fortunately without skis, suggested he was unhurt enough to do me some damage.
I wore a different ski outfit for the rest of the week Embarassed
snow report
tangowaggon wrote:
I came close, a guy made an unexpected turn into my path (lesson learned there) I just clipped him & he fell on the spot, I did a full end over end garage sale. Needless to say, quite rightly, the other guy was calling abuse & threats of violence towards me in a London accent. I walked back up the hill, apologising and collecting bits as I went, as he came down the hill, swearing at me.
Fortunately, my equipment had been travelling at the same, high velocity as me, so I managed to retrieve it all nearby.
I decided that cowardice was the best option at this point, big, angry Londoner vs skinny 21 yr old, nah! Fcuk that, I clicked into my skis & pointed them downhill, the way he was moving towards me, fortunately without skis, suggested he was unhurt enough to do me some damage.

Very Happy
latest report
@tangowaggon, Laughing

Being a five foot nowt female, I've unsurprisingly avoided fistycuffs on piste. But I have a slightly short fuse so I vent by swearing at anyone who does anything to warrant it. A snowboarder who clutched my arm when they got too close coming from behind was most recent. Some poor guy who skiied across me off a lift and took me out. Some chuff in Whistler who skiied across my skis (didn't get told off by piste patrol luckily). Anyone who spills my beer.

A well placed 'w*nker' makes me feel better and avoids further issues.

wink
snow conditions
@abc, and everyone cheered. Laughing Very Happy
ski holidays
pole clicking!!! sounds so fun!
snow conditions
tangowaggon wrote:

Quality cowardice - love it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It takes two to tango and tangowaggon certainly wasn't taking any chances on that happening. Well done snowHead
snow report
@eaglesandsnowboarding,

yes

My son, then aged 9, was moving slowly across a crossroads and was immediately taken out by a guy who entered the junction at high speed from way above my son.
My son was catapulted into the air, but fortunately had a back protector and helmet on.
Various people stopped immediately, and a pisteur rushed from the nearby station.
The guy picked himself up and began to make off. While my partner attended to my son - who was shaken but not injured, thank goodness - I simply picked up one of the guy’s skis and also attended to my son.
I wanted to exchange details, as per the law, in case there was injury to my son of which we were not yet aware.
The next thing I knew was that I had been punched hard on the left hand cheekbone - really really hard.
There was the guy, shouting and coming for me again. I just laughed and he deflated and stopped. 'You have to be f.... kidding me - that's criminal assault' was a sensible thing to say I think.
There followed 30 minutes of bullsh+t while he gave false telephone numbers to both me and the pisteur and denied that his now arrived friends had mobile phones - nonsense.
He finally gave us a number which rang a phone in his pocket and I left it at that.
That night a pisteur friend said - what the hell have you done to your cheekbone? - it went down the next day and I thought nothing of it.
Until 6 months later I needed a 2,000gbp tooth implant to replace the cracked tooth - smashed completely at the root.
But at least my son was uninjured.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 10-03-24 9:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@valais2, Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
@Hurtle, indeed....it certainly took me by surprise...

Very few people know of the legal duty in CH to exchange details after any incident. In this case the skier in error was a non-Swiss National and clearly wanted to depart the scene as soon as possible...high levels of stress does very odd things to some people - in this case the pisteur knew my son and me, and made it very clear that he would detain the man, and police would be called, if he engaged in any further bad behaviour.
latest report
Vicarious joy from other people's unfortunate events on the slopes?

Never seen or been involved in any nastiness on the slopes, but did see one incident on the main street in Mayrhofen at New Year several years ago. There was a big queue of people waiting to get into a nightclub, and a group of young drunken Russian lads on an overlooking veranda thought it was fun to throw small bangers (fireworks, not sausages!) into the crowd, laughing as they went off and people flinched and jumped out of the way. One smaller lad in the queue picked one up that had been thrown, and chucked it back at them, where it went off at their feet. One particular Russian lad stormed down the steps and punched this small lad, and at that point everyone around him turned round and leathered the Russian, as his mates looked on, shocked. Turns out the small lad was a well liked liftie, and everyone around him were fellow lifties and piste workers. The Russian's mates were invited to pick their mate off the floor, whereupon they all slunk off into the night, and weren't seen again for the rest of the week I was there.
ski holidays
Origen wrote:
No, bugger off

What a strange, rude, and immature post
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 12-03-24 18:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Fights in ski resorts typically happen near big cities, like Boston or Munich.

Have seen some great rucks between smashed Italians vs. Germans, and bigshot Bostonians up in the New Hampshire boonies.

Here is a recent classic of the genre, from Vegas.

http://youtube.com/v/3Yu4z0OCA2I
latest report
I think I've previously told the story of a late 30s French snowboarder punching me in the helmet and goggles after I called him out for clipping my skis from behind when I was skiing and not offering an apology.
He initially pushed me over. I kicked off my skis as I didn't fancy getting a kicking on the ground. When I stood up he started swinging.
I didn't punch back. Just tried to keep on my feet, guard my face and wait for him to stop. He paused and told me to go forth and multiply but I had no intention of turning my back on him and picking my skis up.
After a few minutes a woman who I took for his partner appeared and started shouting at him and he got back on his board and slid off.
I managed a quizzical "Tous les jours comme ca?" but she didn't appear to be in the mood Very Happy

I got away with nothing more than scratched googles and a grazed cheek but TBH it taught me a lesson - really not worth trying to police bad manners, you might meet a nutter.
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
Fights in ski resorts typically happen near big cities, like Boston or Munich.

Have seen some great rucks between smashed Italians vs. Germans, and bigshot Bostonians up in the New Hampshire boonies.

Here is a recent classic of the genre, from Vegas.

http://youtube.com/v/3Yu4z0OCA2I

my favorite part of this video is the salon tv commercial Very Happy
ski holidays
zikomo wrote:
Origen wrote:
No, bugger off

What a strange, rude, and immature post

yah. many in here despise me Smile
latest report
@Whitegold, snowboarders . . . not a skier in site Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tbf I'm not condoning violence but I've seen better punch ups at my lads u15 football games . . . Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy