Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitting of second hand boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need boot blown to fit comfortably - and looking to buy an identical pair to my ugly but excellent existing boots second hand off ebay. Two questions - 1/ anyone know if this is a bad idea (why?) and 2 where in Bristol / Gloucestershire area can I get this done? Snow and Rock don't do this any more
Edit - Glos ski slope / centre will blow a pair for about £50 - so is this a bad idea?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pisteoff, I'd recommend just painting the ugly boots you have already.
(as everyone knows Red is to go the fastest)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pisteoff, in what way ugly?

Buying second hand is good if you are just starting out, are still growing, only pootle about or have a tight budget.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't mind the ugly (wrong shade of orange Smile ) ... want comfortable, good, light, touring / alpine etc ... and this limits the choice .... The old boots are about to fail ... hence desire to get a new pair the same ...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pisteoff, plastics degrade with age so I wouldn't buy a boot that was more than a few years old.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pisteoff, Plenty of very good boots (some new, some demo/used) on Ebay. Currently a couple of Ski Traders have recent models at more than 50% off, just need to have the right size feet for best bargains! Good hunting! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's not a bad idea to get them blown if a) they're not too old b) if they are fundamentally the right shape for the rest of your foot c) they're the right size.
A decent fitter will do an assessment on the boot and either tell you what he can do and how much it'll cost, or tell you he doesn't want anything to do with them and why.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy