Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynamic Skis - am I being dumb?

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a piste ski and I recently demo'd the Dynamic VR Evolution which I really enjoyed. Up until now I have been using a pair of Salomon S/max 10s, and this felt like a real upgrade.

Only thing is they are very expensive (€1350 including bindings) and doesn't appear to be a very popular brand. I think they are only sold in the French alps.

I don't know enough about skiing to know whether I am getting ripped off here and wasting my money. Has anyone any recent experience with this brand and know whether or not they're worth the $$?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's an old brand which I would guess has had an upmarket update. Personally I'd guess that there are many performance piste skis available at a much lower price.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@linusfairing, welcome to snowHead

wot DotM typed.

The VR27 of 1989 was a lovely ski.

Don't. Just don't.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Out of interest, who owns the rights to dynamic seeing as they became dynastar? You would have thought it would still be buttoned up in dynastar (Rossi?)...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Thomasski, I was under the impression that Rossignol and Dynastar were owned by the same company?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@Thomasski, I was under the impression that Rossignol and Dynastar were owned by the same company?

Yes that's what I thought (plus Lange and look(?)). I just thought dynamic would be a mark under dynastar still. Just done a deep dive and dynamic is owned by '68' Ski Legend'. So maybe the brand lapsed or they bought it for a pittance? Who knows...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
linusfairing wrote:
I am looking for a piste ski and I recently demo'd the Dynamic VR Evolution which I really enjoyed. Up until now I have been using a pair of Salomon S/max 10s, and this felt like a real upgrade.

Only thing is they are very expensive (€1350 including bindings) and doesn't appear to be a very popular brand. I think they are only sold in the French alps.

I don't know enough about skiing to know whether I am getting ripped off here and wasting my money. Has anyone any recent experience with this brand and know whether or not they're worth the $$?

Will have to confess that I'd never heard of them but they were tested by Skieur magazine who made them "Tester's Choice" for 2023 and 2024. Skieur magazine don't take prisoners with their reviews; if they say they are good, I trust them.

The (slightly woolly) Google translate for 2023 was:

Back with a bang!

Obviously, the new 170 cm Dynamic VR Evolution made the hearts of testers capsize, without exception. And it's not his style, which can strike a chord with the oldest among us in a form of nostalgia, that would explain this... Emotions matter, of course, but not when it comes to tests! No, really, the Dynamic VR Evolution just blew us away during its performance in Val Cenis, made in perfect conditions to test this range. With an enthusiastic and controlled energy, this ski immediately takes you with it and then never lets go. Equipped with an excellent spatula effect, it initiates turns with your finger and eye, but also concludes them with promptitude and finesse. Its phenomenal ride quality is distinguished by the finesse of its snow ski contact, the ease with which it allows you to carve but also, the fluidity of the turn sequence. It feels quick and easy, the ski accelerates without putting you in a delicate position, offering magical sensations. Even more comfortable in short corners (that's where it makes the difference), the VR All Piste makes the effort in big corners, remains stable and sound, solid on the angle at high speeds. But the best part is that the whole thing is particularly accessible, that the ski feels light underfoot, manoeuvrable, easy to put in the way and undemanding. In short, he gives back better than what we give him... Fabulous!

Positives: Snow ski contact, transition, short carve turns, accessibility, performance
Negatives: Expensive

The ski is the same for 2024 and the price is similar to other premium brands like Kastle or Stockli but the review suggests they are more accessible, skills-wise. Seems like the kind of ski that could last you for years, both helping you and being able to keep up with technique progression.

So no, I don't think you're being ripped off - if you've tried them and you liked them, why not?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was rather amused by "Skieur"'s review of the Nordica FIS GS a few years ago as "suicidal" Shocked

Reviews don't mean much. Seem expensive skis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skieur's tests and reviews are usually done by professionals, with the top end skis reviewed by recently retired ex FIS racers.

I'd take their opinion over a bunch of keyboard warriors that haven't been anywhere near the product in question anyday.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back in the day Dynamic skis were made by Atomic.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Je suis un Skieur,

I'm sure they will be decent skis but really most skis are pretty decent if you get the right ones for your needs. The premium sector if however quite murky when it comes to the price/ value equation as shown by the travails of Bode Miller with his premium priced skis ( made by Elan) frequently being knocked out at half price.

Piste performance really is chuck a rock and you an find great skis. It's really down to the skier's specific skills what fits them best.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Je suis un Skieur, “ the top end skis reviewed by recently retired ex FIS racers.”

Suggesting they won’t mean much to yer average rider?

I mean, “suicidal”, well, in fairness, the SGs needed a firm hand Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@spyderjon, really? how funny. I think the brand really expired late 80s? I didn't realise till I read 2 minutes ago that Dynamic were one of the founders of Dynastar.

@linusfairing, if you can, do some testing of various models.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Before dropping that amount of money on the Dynamics, I'd want to try some Stocklis.....and possibly some Kastle.

For something different (and cheaper), maybe some Elan should be considered.

If the Dynamics win out - then they deserve to be on your feet.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Old Fartbag wrote:
Before dropping that amount of money on the Dynamics, I'd want to try some Stocklis..

Definitely this, my son tried a few of the new Stockli models at the start of last season from the Zermatt demo centre. I was on his Kastles to see what they were like, they were flapping about a bit on the morning crust stuggling for grip. I had a go on one of the pairs of Stocklis he was trying and what a difference, stiff as you like and like riding on rails. Try them all before you splash that sort of cash.
latest report
Also try Head Rebels e-speed. My wife has a pair and leaves me in the dust on a hard piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy