Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cervinnia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering the ski pass that you get when you are based in cervinnia, are you able to ski all of the Zermatt area or just the area that links in to cervinnia.....?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you buy the international pass you can ski Zermatt otherwise it's Italian side only which is cheaper obviously.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The international pass is (if memory serves) €112 extra for 6 days this year. You can add it daily at €50 per day at the lift pass office. Whether Zermatt is accessible is weather dependent, primarily wind, so if you think you might want 3 or more days in Zermatt then wait until you are in resort and you have an idea of the weather forecast before deciding.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you’re overstating the extra cost. The additional to add Cervinia onto a Zermatt pass or vice versa is roughly 20Euro right now.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
does that also include the rothorn & sunnegga areas?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Blackblade wrote:
I think you’re overstating the extra cost. The additional to add Cervinia onto a Zermatt pass or vice versa is roughly 20Euro right now.

It was €50 at New year, which is consistent with the prices published on the Cervino Ski Paradise website.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajc2260626 wrote:

Yes, the Tariff states for the €50/day supplement [Note 8]:
Quote:
Supplement ticket valid on the day of issue on all the lifts in Zermatt (Zermatt Bergbahnen AG and GGB -Monte Rosa-Bahnen).

and for the BREUIL-CERVINIA - VALTOURNENCHE e ZERMATT multi-day pass [Note 9]
Quote:
Skipass valid without limitation on the lifts of Breuil-Cervinia, Valtournenche Torgnon and Chamois (excluding cable car Buisson-Chamois) and in the ski area of Zermatt (Zermatt Bergbahnen AG and GGB Gornegrat-Monte Rosa Bahnen).

Disclaimer: I broke my collar bone before I got to Cervinia and didn't buy either of these, but I'd done my research.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blackblade wrote:

Never known it to be so cheap. Do you have evidence?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ajc2260626 wrote:
Yes, I've done it several years.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool, any suggestions for accom? Cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
All prices can be seen by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page:
https://cervino.skiperformance.com/en/winter/store#/en/winter/support/prices

A day upgrade is €50.

A 6 day local is 311.5 and a 6 day International is 438, so 126.5 difference. If you do 2 days in Zermatt, that's 63 extra per day. Or 42 if you go over for 3 days. So, cheaper to buy upgrades unless you are sure you will go to Zermatt at least 3 days. (Based on my 8 weeks in Cervinia, I'd say the connection is closed 1 in every 3 days on average.)

But in most cases, it is cheaper overall to buy a day pass each day. A 1 day local pass for Cervinia is €59 and a 1 day International pass (including Zermatt) is €83. So, this way the extra cost is only €24 per day. (Maybe this is what Blackblade meant?)

Buying day passes each morning (online, as a top up to your card, while you have breakfast) gives you the flexibility to wait to see if the connection is open and the weather looks nice enough to go over. And it also gives the flexibility not to pay anything on days when the weather is pants, unless you are the type who skis regardless of whiteout or frostbite-risking wind.

Edit: Unless you are definitely going to ski every day and at least 4 of them in Zermatt, daily passes are cheaper. 3x59 + 3x83 = 426, so still cheaper than a 6 day international. (If you want to spend 4 days in Zermatt, maybe better to stay there?)

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 16-03-24 12:24; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ajc2260626 wrote:
Cool, any suggestions for accom? Cheers
If you have the budget, the Red Fox is fabulous and good value given its quality. If you have double the budget, Chalet Minuzzo is amazing.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tsgsh wrote:
Blackblade wrote:

It was €50 at New year, which is consistent with the prices published on the Cervino Ski Paradise website.

I’m sure you’re right - at New Year - but that is not the normal price. If you check on both cervinia.it or matterhornparadise.ch at the moment you’ll find it’s roughly 20Euro more per day.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zikomo wrote:
Blackblade wrote:

Yes, go on the Cervinia.it or matterhornparadise.ch sites to check. That is the ‘normal’ price but it will be higher at peak periods.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Blackblade wrote:
zikomo wrote:
Blackblade wrote:

Yes, go on the Cervinia.it or matterhornparadise.ch sites to check. That is the ‘normal’ price but it will be higher at peak periods.

You are talking about different things. €50 is the price to upgrade a local multiday pass for 1 day validity in Zermatt. €24 is the difference in price for local and international single day passes. Both are correct this week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy