Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

italy......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I organise a yearly ski trip for 6-8 blokes.... 50 years old...... like to ski but like a few pints also...... neither to excess.

the shout for next year is Italy...... we've done courmayeur and sauce d'oulx so we dont fancy that..... was wondering about monte rosa and dolomites..... its usually a 4 day trip across a weekend and we fly from all over the uk and Europe (Germany and Oslo)

any idea moist appreciated as my knowledge is France based......

we need to be hotel / B&B based and single rooms as a bonus.....

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ajc2260626, We had a fantastic week in the dolomites last year (4 blokes early 60s). We like a few beers and some live music. Selva was an excellent base for us. I'd happily go back for anther round.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I organise something similar - we used to go France but tried Italy, Sauze this year and got lucky...just enough snow and blue skies so all links open.
Without having been or booked to others I have looked at the options, and seem on the same page.
Monte Rosa is an option but the options I looked at were Gressoney not Champoluc, so quite quiet Apres.
My preferred were Sella Ronda, either Selva or Canazei..Canazei bit cheaper and between Selva and Arraba so both can be reached easily.
Other I looked at was Maddonna di Campiglio which I like the look of... the runs seem to surround the town so the MdC runs plus Folgarida/Marilleva & Pinzolo all seemed options for different days.
Sella Ronda and MdC all good for snow making too (better than Sauze)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cheers guys, where did you fly into and what was the transfer situation? ive always fancied MDC but I think that the transport issues put me off
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ajc2260626, We had a package with Crystal, which include transfers and a self-catering apartment. Flew to Verona, which is a short(ish) transfer. Selva was great for the Sella Ronda and adjoining villages plus a short bus ride to Ortisei, where there was some great skiing to be had.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@halfhand, we are only a 4 day trip so we have to organise the whole thing ourselves, I heard tat Venice was an option but I will check Verona also......
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ours was Crystal 7 days as well
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ajc2260626, Venice will be your best option, there’s usually daily flights, whereas Verona is weekend only.
Hire a car and it’s 2.5 hours drive to Val Di Fassa valley, via Alleghe or go via San Pelligrino if it’s snowy, Sicily By Car do have a range of vehicles with winter tyres and few 4x4s also, worth spending a bit more of your on a 4 day break.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ajc2260626, Dolomites would be quite easy - but potentially expensive

Venice or Innsbruck flights, then a cab (8 of you should be OK as long as you're not all enormous), then a room each in a nice hotel.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think BA do a daily Gatwick-Verona flight and we've done Manchester Verona via Munich with Air Dolomiti, though it does involve a bit of a wait on the outbound leg. Flyski Shuttle were ok for transfers to Madonna if you can make the timings work.
We've also done Manchester-Venice Marco Polo with EasyJet and hire car which worked fine.
The biggest issue we've had this season is finding a hotel we liked the look of with availability and at a price we were prepared to pay!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Madesimo out of Milan

San Martino Di Castrozza out of Venice or Verona
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I did Selva with a group of 5 last year, from Innsbruck and had a great time.
Another option, if you prefer to fly to Milan or Turin is Cervinia. Nice and high, a bit of night life and the option to ski to Zermatt if you are lucky..
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alleghe or if you wanted to go really upmarket San Martino Di Castrozza
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cervinia? Ski Zermatt as well without the £ penalties
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy