Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Surprisingly good musical accompaniment

Poster: A snowHead
To skiing

Kate Bush - The Kick Inside
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jaguar Skills' Prodigy Swordfight mix
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
To skiing

Kate Bush - The Kick Inside
The song or the album?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Album
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
(I) Don't listen to music when skiing. There, I've gone for it. Have fun over the next dozen pages Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
...a slow internal repetition of 'don't f... it up; don't f...it up..'

Or

The theme from Wallace and Grommit
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm also works
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
halfhand wrote:
(I) Don't listen to music when skiing. There, I've gone for it. Have fun over the next dozen pages Laughing Laughing

But surely you've have a view on the involvement of Dave Gilmore and various prog rockers in the Bsh debut.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
January 1984, first time in Kirchberg/Kitzbühel, the way to find a mountain restaurant was to listen for the sound of Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield. I'd listen to the album pretty much on repeat revising for 1st year Uni exams the previous summer, but that did my head in.

It's still there when I'm skiing (along with "Don't ski like a plank! Don't ski like a plank!...").
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dof - Codo while enjoying some Apres. Otherwise nothing but the sound of your skis on the snow
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I never listen but if I am having a good day, there will be an accompanying soundtrack.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One of my sons once borrowed my stuff to pipe music into his ears, when he had been disorganised about his own. He spent a day out alone in lovely conditions - and is a VERY good skier. His verdict when he came back was that he'd really liked some of it, and had enjoyed some tracks which were new to him, especially second time around. He'd enjoyed the Hallelujah Chorus, on a spectacular descent down our local black run, with nobody else in sight, but he'd not liked "the opera". I didn't have what I'd call opera - it was probably something like Bach's Christmas Oratorio. "Jauchzet Frohlocket" is a wonderfully triumphant and joyous chorus in triple time. Perfect for skiing, bht perhaps an acquired taste. My music was always on shuffle. Never knew whether it was going to be Leftfield, Van Morrison, or Bach. An absolute travesty for any proper music lover. Heathen, that's me!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Origen, Sounds great. Leftfield vs JSB the mashup we all need to hear.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmm Never thought of running through all of Messiah, several Requia ( -ums?) and Masses whilst skiing.
Trying to remember the Alto line might take my mind off some of the steep, icy terrors... Puzzled
Never ski outdoors with earphones in, so it has all to come from memory. Do have some very good recollection of many nice lazy turns down a good length of sunny blues from the top of Schmitten (sp?) at Zell am See to the accompaniment of a virtual Hotel California. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (which, trying it through now - that's my earworm for the night now rolling eyes - must be about the same as Moonlight Shadow?)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Grizzler, it is sometimes difficult to to sing along - and I did on occasion, but only when there was nobody around. I skied alone quite a bit, and the music makes all the difference. Can sometimes just dance down a slope. It can also make tedious draglifts more entertaining to move the feet round a bit but I never had the skill or confidence to the the twirls which some kids manage.
ski holidays
I tried skiing to music in my youth. But it never quite worked for me. The beat is too rhythmic for the hill. I found myself trying to mend the slope with the beat. But the slope has its own beat.
Also, since my daughter pointed out years ago, buds in your ears might make you miss a cry for help.
ski holidays
Sorry that sounded more Zen than intended.
latest report
That still small voice which

goes unheard as you power down

in thrall to the beat
snow report
Origen wrote:
@Grizzler, It can also make tedious draglifts more entertaining...

Ah, now there is a benefit which I did forget Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy