Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dragon DX3 L OTG goggles, was this a good purchase?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Went to Ellis Brigham at lunch to grab my first pair of goggles and got the Dragon DX3 L OTG with a bonus lens for £70. Looking online I feel I might've been ripped off a bit, but equally I appreciated the in person help as I was fairly clueless, and it did come with the bonus lens for different lighting conditions which I was keen to get so maybe it balances out? The other options were some cheap looking £40 goggles, or more higher range £106-200 goggles which is a bit of a stretch for me.

So my actual questions, do I need the L variant or is it just for larger heads? I do like the idea of a wider FOV if it still fits properly. I don't wear glasses skiing so should I find non-OTG goggles? And lastly should I refund and get similar ones online if I can find them for like £45 (even though possibly no bonus lens)? Or even a completely different pair?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SnowShire, if you happy with them keep them. Can you be arsed to return then get on-line version but only one lens for one light condition.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Larger size, more peripheral vision, touch more steez - what's not to like about that? OTG, extra layer of foam around the goggle to hold it a little further off your face, again, no biggie.

Price... If you go to Dragon direct, they'll cost you about £54 for the frame and one lens, and a spare lens will be between 16 and 28 depending on if its a basic or fancy lens so you didn't get rinsed too bad for an EB experience.

Do you like them? If yes, then be happy - Dragon make decent goggles - just make sure they fit with your helmet ok.

...and if you're suffering from a tad of 'Buyers Remorse' go over to the Louis Vuitton website where they'll sell you a pair for £965... or a skipping rope for £530 rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers both, I think I’ll stick with them, they seem like a good set and I guess I don’t need any more hassle to save a few quid. I don’t have my own helmet but I’ll make sure to take them when I’m picking up my rental gear. Still need to swing by the shop again anyway as I grabbed the wrong size gloves but that’s a different issue!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had 2 pairs of dragon goggles in my early snowboarding years, they were good kit!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SnowShire, they are well priced but good kit, my daughter has a pair of Dragon googles and was impressed by them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@damanpunk, glad to hear! Now I've got home and had a chance to play around with the lenses they look like exactly what I needed. Very excited to take them out on the slopes Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy