Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

- Goggles with glasses for 3yo -

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just looking for some help. We are off in two weeks and have been trying to find some OTG goggles for our 3 year old. I thought her brother's would work but they are too big so need toddler size goggles. If anyone has a recommendation that would be great.

Thanks

DF
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would these work? At least they're not expensive if they don't: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/kids'-ski-goggles-12-to-36-months-all-weather-category-3-yellow/_/R-p-335179
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wonder if those would go over glasses? Does your daughter have sunglasses, @Dublinfella? That might be easier. A 3 year old won't have to be out in driving wind or snow, presumably?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
She doesn't have prescription shades, hence the giggles option. Her brother went with shades at her age but we didn't realise he was half blind until after the first trip!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag, I don't believe they are OTG- I tried a couple of the pairs from your great haul but none worked either. The brother is delighted with his Oakleys! Thanks again
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dublinfella, I have never seen OTG Goggles for a 3 year old....but they probably exist somewhere Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

She doesn't have prescription shades, hence the giggles option

Hmm. Difficult. Perhaps shades would be a good idea, in the hope that we have a nice sunny summer? Another possibility might be a helmet with a visor, if they make those for kids. Perhaps less likely to make the glasses steam up,too - that's always a problem.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My son has worn glasses from a very young age, and much prefers a helmet with visor. He started out with the Cebe Fireball Junior, which he liked enough that when he grew out of it he got the adult version.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a specs wearer, I'd defo be looking at a kids visor helmet. I'm not a sure a 3yr old will cope with the steaming up issue of goggles over specs and be "on it" enough to clear steam even if you find some that fit. Visors are a much better solution.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agree - for fogging, and a 3yo's ability to constantly fiddle with anything that touches their face, I think you're going to be looking at a visor for Jnr if she is going to wear her glasses.
But that assumes you can find a visor helmet fits her - they tend to be towards older kids than 3.

Maybe some prescription sunglasses and a wrap around headband to keep them in place and a normal kids helmet - Assuming you're going Easter-time when weather is most likely going to be warm and sunny.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I see it’s possible to buy add-on visors for ski helmets. Not sure if the fit is good for different helmets; not sure if a 3 year old can tell the difference?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pandora, Hmm that is a good thought. I will try to get a decathalon visit tomorrow and see if their visor helmets will fit her.
@Orange200, I will look at them. I havent seen them before.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Orange200 wrote:
I see it’s possible to buy add-on visors for ski helmets. Not sure if the fit is good for different helmets; not sure if a 3 year old can tell the difference?

Are you sure?

doesn't the helmet have to be designed for a visor - all of the ones I've seen have a screw in fitting at the "hinge" which are slightly different between brands.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry it was a very quick google on phone. But can’t be beyond the wit of man to invent a visor with a goggle-like elastic strap?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Orange200 wrote:
Sorry it was a very quick google on phone. But can’t be beyond the wit of man to invent a visor with a goggle-like elastic strap?

They already have, they are called goggles Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
^^ positive outlook on life ^^ Smile
snow conditions
Thanks all. We've gone with the visor helmet option with one happy 3 yo.
latest report
Good option, what kid doesn’t like looking like a fighter pilot.
snow report
I’m mean my 4 year old still skis looking at the sky whilst near an edge so you may well be overthinking the glasses issue Smile! I try and avoid anywhere with edges now. Good luck
ski holidays
Dublinfella wrote:
Thanks all. We've gone with the visor helmet option with one happy 3 yo.

good option. enjoy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy