Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I put my goggles up or down on lifts.

Poster: A snowHead
How should i wear my goggles on lifts?
Is it more intimidating to children and beginners if I have them covering my eyes or is it more dangerous if they steam up afterwards and I could hit someone unwittingly. I currently leave them down on outside lifts but put them up on inside lifts but feel I may be doing this wrong.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@T Bar, hmm, what if you wear sunnies...? wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle wrote:
@T Bar, hmm, what if you wear sunnies...? wink

That would complicate things even further but currently I don't.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you'll find the answer to this is, "Is the sun shining?"

You can then moderate your behaviour according to whether or not you want to look like a steezy seasonaire with a ridiculous level of goggle face panda eyes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Je suis un Skieur, If one is in a gondola or cablecar light levels are usually low enough that it doesn't matter,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You also won't get a tan because the perspex will block the UV rays...

I assume that for someone with 16,500 posts this is just meant to be a wind up. If it isn't, I'll indulge you:

Yes, leaving your goggles down is intimidating to children and others in a close environment like a gondola. If you were an instructor, you'd be told to lift your goggles when talking to pupils. However, if it's freezing outside, your goggles are more likely to steam up in a gondola if you put them on your helmet than if you leave them on your face IME and they'll certainly clear quicker afterwards if they've been on your face. If you want to stop them steaming up completely you should take them off and put them on the seat. On a chairlift, no-one cares.

So I refer you back to answer one, " Is the sun shining?"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Je suis un Skieur wrote:
I think you'll find the answer to this is, "Is the sun shining?"

Surely it depends what lens you have in from you collection of 17, honeydew melon, tangerine dream, or fighter ace black?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Surely it depends on where you stash your poles and whether you plan to click them?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So long as you use your poles to give yourself a good push off from the lift I don’t think it matters either way!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Always down, and fierce - like a ski Terminator Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It’s not the goggles that are intimidating, my youngest has started wearing a storm trooper like balaclava with a visor helmet.
He looks proper terrifying until he takes it off to show his baby face
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I keep them down to protect my eyes from poles.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Down, especially if you have snow on your helmet/hat, they'll only mist up or fill with moisture.

Make sure you have a necklace made of fingers or a buff made from someone else's face for added intimidation, you might as well lean into it!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Let them hang of the back of your lid by the retaining clip.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@T Bar, if the person next to you is talking sh1te then better down to hide the raised eyebrows.
snow conditions
You can wear whatever you prefer for most of the lift (chair/bubble/gondola/cable car), but, if you intend to be skiing off shortly after exit, for the last few minutes prior to exit, you should put on the eyewear that you'll be using to ski, i.e. so your eyes can adapt in time.
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@T Bar, if the person next to you is talking sh1te then better down to hide the raised eyebrows.

It's probably more often me talking shoite, maybe it'll hide my features, though I've lost the outside magnetic bit of my goggles and only have the lower light bit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy