Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alti Bus - flexibility

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am flying to Geneva early Feb. Then Alti Bus to Geneva. Whilst I am a well seasoned traveller I am also cautious and, so, have left a decent time between the plane landing and the Alti Bus departure for Bourg SM. It is very likely that I will be clear of security and passport control in time for an earlier bus.

Are Alti Bus likely to make me wait for my scheduled bus if the earlier one has space?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ignore this. Just checked and the earlier bus is fully booked. I'll find a bar for a couple of hours....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Navrig, If your flight is on time and others are delayed they will put you on the earlier bus, to give the delayed folks a chance to get on your bus. As the desk is right by the doors from the baggage hall its worth asking the question, I've always found them very helpful, including ringing the driver who was about to set off as I arrived at the desk after a hot and sweaty dash across the airport.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chocksaway - thanks for your reply. That makes sense. Once I arrive I will check in with them and see what happens. If not it will Kindle, coffee and then some wine although I may have to sell a kidney!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Navrig, Top tip - don't buy anything food or drink related near the departure gate. Turn left and head towards the rail station. Walk past the escalators down to the platforms and there is a Migros supermarket with sarnies, bottled water etc at normal supermarket prices. Its about 5 mins from the baggage hall.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:
@Navrig, Top tip - don't buy anything food or drink related near the departure gate. Turn left and head towards the rail station. Walk past the escalators down to the platforms and there is a Migros supermarket with sarnies, bottled water etc at normal supermarket prices. Its about 5 mins from the baggage hall.

Ooh top tip - we got food after we went through security and paid £12 for a slice of pizza on Saturday in the airport, burger and chips was 28CHF (£25+)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimummk wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

Ooh top tip - we got food after we went through security and paid £12 for a slice of pizza on Saturday in the airport, burger and chips was 28CHF (£25+)

This is a top tip. I avoided the terminal building cafes and bars and headed, as suggested, t the rail station where I found a decent sized supermarket at near normal prices. Bought a sandwich and a bottle of water for much, much less than I would have paid.

@chocksaway - thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just be aware Migros doesn't sell booze. So no beer with your sarnies.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Navrig, Min’s a pint!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway wrote:
@Navrig, Min’s a pint!!

Sure, as long as it is not a Swiss or French ski resort beer.

We were in Bourg St Maurice and even at the bottom of the mountains the beer was stupidly expensive and, most, stupidly strong.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Navrig, Laughing
And yes a couple of 3.8% Session Beers would improve things!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

just be aware Migros doesn't sell booze. So no beer with your sarnies

...but you do pass an off license on the way to Migros. Shame they don't sell Boxer Old beer though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Am I right in remembering the dreaded Migros doesnt sell alcohol?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Certainly the ones at the airport, and at Annemasse, didn't last time I was there, but that was a few years ago.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy