Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne groomed blacks

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

QQ, does anybody know if there are any groomed blacks in La Plagne? From my previous visits, I seem to recall the Rochette piste is but are there any others? Are any from the top of the Bellcote glacier? Or are they left natural? We like steep runs, but not necessarily the bumps.
Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Corduroy, most marked as Natur on the map and IME are. The ones on the glacier are not marked Natur but I rarely go up there but I would be surprised if they were pisted tbh.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure how often the blacks not marked ‘natur’ are bashed but Bosses , Frisbee and Mio usually seem to have moguls .
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As viewed from passing chairlifts . It’s a long time since I tried any of these runs on the basis that a mogul you’re skiing around is three times worse than it looks from the chairlift ….
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Not sure how often the blacks not marked ‘natur’ are bashed

They are never bashed which is why they are call "Natur". In Les Arcs even the non natur black pistes are only rarely bashed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm pretty sure Natur' means "left natural" i.e. unpisted, not pisted. The vast majority of blacks on the LP piste map seem to be marked Natur'.

Quote from LP website. "La Plagne offers some wonderful technical descents and has several secured and ungroomed “Natur” runs that are perfect for expert skiers. "
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You’re right - they’re all marked ‘natur ‘ .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Corduroy, come to Courchevel. We still groom most blacks quite regularly and helpfully put the status on the 3V app every day. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd say this season the ones bashed more frequently are Rochette, Mio, Bosses and Malatray. The 2 from the new gondola, Rochu and Bellecote, are shown on the piste map as pisted but they don't seem to have been pisted at all this season. Frisbee is bashed occasionally but the piste quickly becomes bumpy, however just to the side of the piste is usually a bit easier.
Crozats at the bottom of the inversens red has hardly been opened but was really bumpy and narrow the last time it was open and we went down it.
Derochoir was opened the last time we were up at 3000 but looked bumpy and had a thin piste cover sign at the top of it.
Of the 4 off the top of the Becoin lift only Palsembleu seems to being bashed on a regular basis and only then across half it's width.
Most are usually bumpy and difficult but also pretty quiet when everywhere else is busy.
We've not really seen the ones going down into 1800 or Montchavin.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you're looking for steep, the top half of Kamikaze if worth a look.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are ~18 black trails. Most are ungroomed.

La Plagne has tried hard to attract the Chamonix crowd in the past decade.

Try Rochu.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitegold wrote:
There are ~18 black trails. Most are ungroomed.

La Plagne has tried hard to attract the Chamonix crowd in the past decade.

La Plagne has tried hard to save money by cutting back on grooming is nearer the truth.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Most of the Black pistes are left but they are pisted occasionally, usually at the start of the season to establish them and then to keep them in use. ie. before they become scraped bare.
Derochoir wont be pisted because the middle section is in the National Park and was only allowed to be used as a piste with the proviso no machinery was used on it - in the autumn the route is 'weeded' by hand.
The Murs piste seems to be pisted quite often. As does the run out of the 4 blacks coming down to the Adrets/Envers lifts
There is sometimes an April 1st announcement that the North Face of Bellecote Canadian has been pisted.
@red 27, Has it about right I reckon.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski the reds then if you dont like bumps, I don't either, i prefer bombing quiet groomed reds
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thats probably one of the few things i really dont like in skiing in France
However in Chamrousse almost all of the blacks were grommed
ski holidays
Surely blacks should be left unbashed. Reds may be bashed. That distiquishes them
ski holidays
Kamikaze and Hari Kari are red/black at the top. Inversens is a blast if only a red. Don't worry about the piste colour. Enjoy
snow conditions
Parf wrote:
Kamikaze and Hari Kari are red/black at the top. Inversens is a blast if only a red. Don't worry about the piste colour. Enjoy

Two members of our party last year were definitely led by the colour of a run and were very wary of the blacks and some reds around La Plagne. We took them down both Hari Kari and Kamikaze but we didn't tell them the name of the runs until we had done them. After completing them both they asked what they were called and we said there's a clue in their titles!! Both excellent runs and yes quite tricky at the top, but nice and wide. They were pleased they had done them.
latest report
Thank you everyone for your insight.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy