Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prato nevoso snow sure

Poster: A snowHead
I was looking at going to prato nevoso on the 10th of March for a week have seen people say not the most reliable for snow coverage and that the cross overs between artesina and farbosa can be closed when there isn't enough snow. Does this happen often, is it risky to book to go with the hope it will have reasonable snow cover. Only done one snowboarding holiday before in Bulgaria.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, Prato Nevoso is not reliable for snow. Almost anywhere else in the Alps would be a safer bet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But it might be OK compared to Bulgaria......
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm trying to keep it pretty cheap and would like to try snowboarding in the alps is there any other resorts that are snow sure and pretty cost friendly not bothered about them been particularly big resorts 70km plus maybe
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ZzLewishzZ, yes.

You might need to give us a bit more idea of what you're looking for in terms of accommodation etc. so we can narrow down our suggestions. Also, how do you plan to travel? Package or DIY?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry, I've been looking at flying and doing it as a package, happy with a self-catering apartment or a hotel room doesn't need to be anything special. Not bothered about a big night life happy with a few half decent restaurants. Like I say me and my girlfriend have only done one snowboarding holiday and then a little bit of indoor snowboarding so would be looking for somewhere with good runs for relatively new snowboarders. Have a budget of around £2,000 for two of us plus our spending money while we are there. Thanks for any help you can give.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where are you based? Where would you be looking to fly from?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flying from either Manchester UK
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Or Newcastle
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a look at UCPA holidays (marketed through Action Outdoors in the UK). They offer "all in" holidays and can be very good value.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Okay I'll have a look thank you
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we were in frabosa soprana in mid feb last year. its lower than prato but linked by a long chair lift. Buckets of snow everywhere when we arrived but had started to melt away when we left. Prato held up well despite the high temperatures (up to 18 degrees) some days and they really made good use of the snow cover they had. Loads of nice runs for beginner / intermediate boarders IMO and plenty to keep you occupied for a week. Frabosa is a tiny italian mountain village, Prato is a lot bigger but more commercial. I didn't manage to get over to artesina using the lift system but did drive over for an afternoon. It was higher again and seemed to have more snow around. Didn't seem that nice, compared to the village feel of frabosa but we were there on a foggy afternoon when the kids were tired.

The area got a big dump of snow just after we left which looked significant on the webcams.

Heading there again in a week and it looks like they have less snow around frabosa than last year but more coverage in Prato. Not sure i would book ahead for March yet though, but you would probably be ok in Prato. We are going to Frabosa as we really like the apartment and the tiny village feel. We will work around the snow or lack of it when we are there. We rent a car in Turin which makes getting between the three villages really easy. there is a linked ski bus but we never used it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ZzLewishzZ wrote:
Sorry, I've been looking at flying and doing it as a package, happy with a self-catering apartment or a hotel room doesn't need to be anything special. Not bothered about a big night life happy with a few half decent restaurants. Like I say me and my girlfriend have only done one snowboarding holiday and then a little bit of indoor snowboarding so would be looking for somewhere with good runs for relatively new snowboarders. Have a budget of around £2,000 for two of us plus our spending money while we are there. Thanks for any help you can give.

£2k is a decent budget, but not exactly sure what you're including there...a package, so flights, transfers, accommodation...what about food/drink, equipment hire, liftpasses??

You should be able to get somewhere a bit more snowsure for £1k each on a package...there can be savings doing it DIY too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just looked on Igluski, from MAN for 9th/10th March they have some Half Board (bed, breakfast and evening meal) packages to Bardonnecchia, Courmayeur, Pila in Italy and Filzmoos & Niederau in Austria for around £600pp, all should be more snowsure than PN.

£700 opens up Wengen (stunning spot, but not sure how good for beginner snowboarders) in Switzerland and Westendorf in Austria.

£1000 opens up even more, Livigno stood out to me as a good place for boarders and a good chance of decent snow in March

Obviously Self Catering can be found for less, but you need to add up what you would spend on food/eating out and the comfort factor that you don't have to buy/prepare food and do any dishes all week.

Just spotted the PN deals for £570, definitely not worth it for S/C, not when you can get HB for hardly much more.

Use IGLUSKI (or other aggregators) to search for what deals are available, then try to find by Google search of the accomodation name the UK Tour Operator that is actually providing that deal and book direct for maximum security and maybe even a voucher code discount or cashback to sweeten it further.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Les Sybelles maybe ? Sunweb have some really good deals there
ski holidays
Thanks for all the help found some good deals for bardonecchia seems a more snow sure resort than prato nevoso
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy