Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newhaven-Dieppe Ferry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

For those that have used this route, are there any pubs within walking distance of terminal and if so, can we park up at terminal and head out to get food. Obviously thinking this will have to be before going through passport control.
Or will we have to stop in Newhaven, eat and then head to terminal?
Edited to add The Ark looks like it is close to ferry terminal and has a car park, anyone confirm?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gilly28, still a bit of a walk but doable - once you drive into the terminal not too sure you can park up and then walk back out though?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not much on offer in Newhaven. Lewes is a far better bet for food and drink.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
With respect to the residents of Newhaven, I’m not sure I’d take a break there. As mentioned, Lewes has more potential. Drive past the town on the A27 to the roundabout at end of the DC and take the left road to Lewes through the Cuilfail tunnel, then turn left as you emerge and take the first left to the car park behind the Harvey’s Brewery. You can then walk through the pedestrianised part of the town. Alternatively, head for the eponymous Snowdrop Inn nearby (see Google maps), which is on the site of the only deadly snow avalanche in the UK in 1836. If you’re buying petrol, there’s a station at the Tesco just on the opposite site to the car park.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LaForet wrote:
With respect to the residents of Newhaven, I’m not sure I’d take a break there. As mentioned, Lewes has more potential. Drive past the town on the A27 to the roundabout at end of the DC and take the left road to Lewes through the Cuilfail tunnel, then turn left as you emerge and take the first left to the car park behind the Harvey’s Brewery. You can then walk through the pedestrianised part of the town. Alternatively, head for the eponymous Snowdrop Inn nearby (see Google maps), which is on the site of the only deadly snow avalanche in the UK in 1836. If you’re buying petrol, there’s a station at the Tesco just on the opposite site to the car park.

There is also the ABYSS brewery in the same part of town, they've usually got some sort of street food van on the go and the beer is excellent
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or head two miles past Newhaven into Seaford, easier parking than Lewes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Newhaven is a challenge. Lewes. In the evening there will be no problem at the public car park near the brewery. Bill's restaurant in Cliffe High Street is a nice place and c200 yards away. Tesco petrol nearby. Allow c 15 mins by car to the terminal. Ferry fry up in the morning is a good start to your journey.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy