Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carte Neige

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I probably know the answer to this but just thought I would double-check. I am completing the Carte Neige claim online and it states I can claim for my unused lift pass. I can claim for this with my travel insurance so which do I use or do I claim on both
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@carla4221, check the policy documents. Our travel insurance explicitly states that we cannot claim for anything covered by another ploicy. I wonder if this includes an insistance that we use EHIC rather than private medical treatment (note the term "insurance" in EHIC).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I didnt use ehic we have private insurance and took out carte neige just didnt know which to claim on if you know what i mean
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@carla4221, Your travel insurance will want you to claim from Carte Neige in the first instance. Also - dont claim from both, that's insurance fraud!

Alternatively, send in details of your Carte Neige with you Travel insurance claim and they can attempt to subrogate from them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a quick one on this.

Have just realised that one of my kids (who turns 18 tomorrow!!) won't be covered by our family travel insurance when we go next week rolling eyes rolling eyes

We always take Carre Neige insurance with our lift passes, will check the policy wording but now wondering whether we need to take out an extra stand alone policy for him.

We're self driving, self catered appt all booked independently. Not really bothered about cancellation insurance etc and I think the Carre Neige covers medical treatment in France and repatriation to UK to max 50,000 Euros.

Anyone looked into this?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For the small cost involved I'd take out a standalone policy for him - and if funds are tight, instead of Carre Neige. The sums insured are FAR greater (go into the millions and include third party).

He should have GHIC card too - and even if he doesn't have the physical card, you can get cover if he should end up in a French public facility.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd get a standalone policy for peace of mind. They're not usually much at all, particularly for one week. Are you sure he's not covered though? My daughter is 18 on Sunday and I thought we may have the same issue. Our Nationwide Family policy automatically continues to cover her, for now, as she's in full time education.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I'd get a standalone policy for peace of mind. They're not usually much at all, particularly for one week. Are you sure he's not covered though? My daughter is 18 on Sunday and I thought we may have the same issue. Our Nationwide Family policy automatically continues to cover her, for now, as she's in full time education.

Thanks so much for this

Just read the policy document again:

"A dependent child is any child, including a legally adopted, fostered or stepchild, of the account holder. To be covered, they must be all of the following:
under 18, or under 24 if in full-time education, on the start date of the trip living with the account holder or their other parent, and not married or in a civil partnership."

Dunno, where I got the idea he wouldn't be covered. SHs saves me £30 - get in
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy