Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kaprun new (to me!) 3K lift

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If I'm staying in Kaprun town, I can now easily get to the Kitzsteinhorn via the Maiskogelbahn and new(ish) 3K.
However, is it just quicker to catch the bus to Gletscherjet instead?
(10 min walk from hotel in ski boots to Maiskogelbahn, vs bus stop right outside the chalet!)

I'm guessing not much in it? But really have no clue!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending on how close you're staying to the Maiskogelbahn, there can be very little in it!

I'd be inclined to get the bus to the Gletscherjet in the morning, then ski back down the Maiskogel via the 3K in the evening (if there is any snow left on it). That makes the most sense for maximising ski time.

Enjoy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Roughly the same amount of time each way we found a few years ago.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
given:

"(10 min walk from hotel in ski boots to Maiskogelbahn, vs bus stop right outside the chalet!)"

Bus to Gletscherjet in the morning, back via the 3K for the view/ last run(s) and a post ski beer.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you want to be on the piste early (I sure do, that first hour before everyone else arrives is bliss) then the bus is your option in the morning, you can be up at the Gletscherjet at 8am and skiing by 20 past or so, vs Maiskogelbahn only starting at 8.30.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I always found the bus to be a quite pleasant journey.

On the way back home, we would get the lift by the power station back up and then and back down the Maiskogel and a drink at the apres bar at the bottom. Is that power station lift still there ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sev112, The cable car by the power station was demolished about 15 years ago.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sev112 wrote:

On the way back home, we would get the lift by the power station back up and then and back down the Maiskogel and a drink at the apres bar at the bottom. Is that power station lift still there ?

If you mean the old wee Maiskogelbahn cable car that started right beside the road a short distance out of Kaprun, then nope it’s gone.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
teapea wrote:
If I'm staying in Kaprun town, I can now easily get to the Kitzsteinhorn via the Maiskogelbahn and new(ish) 3K.
However, is it just quicker to catch the bus to Gletscherjet instead?
(10 min walk from hotel in ski boots to Maiskogelbahn, vs bus stop right outside the chalet!)

I'm guessing not much in it? But really have no clue!

First thing in the morning the queues at the 3K base station can be pretty big and this is when to jump on the bus to the Gletscherjet as this should be less busy, at any othe time its probably simpler to take the 3K, you should use it at least once as the views are pretty spectacular.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sev112 wrote:

The cable car at the power station was condemend and closed in 2014, it was a lovely rickety old thing, my young kids loved it in the summer as you walked out of the mountain station pretty much into a farmyard attached to the Maiskogel Alm.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy