Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My ski boots - feel toes against liner

Poster: A snowHead
I haven’t worn my ski boots for 3 years. Just tried them on and wondered if my feet have grown/s I can feel the ends of my big toes against the liner when I stand straight. They slightly go back when I lean agains my shins. Are my boots too small or is this how they are meant to fit …I just can’t remember!!

Going skiing next week … can hire boots Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Supposed to be like that. You shouldn’t be standing straight up when skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hils68 wrote:
I haven’t worn my ski boots for 3 years. Just tried them on and wondered if my feet have grown/s I can feel the ends of my big toes against the liner when I stand straight. They slightly go back when I lean agains my shins. Are my boots too small or is this how they are meant to fit …I just can’t remember!!

I’ve taken liners out and tried them on - toes squashed to the ends.

I know you don’t ski standing up !!

Going skiing next week … can hire boots Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dashed wrote:
Supposed to be like that. You shouldn’t be standing straight up when skiing.

I know I’m not meant to ski standing straight! Just boots feel smaller than I think I remember ! Can’t remember if that’s normal or not
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wear 10/10.5 shoes and 27.5 ski boots. Just had mine on for first time since new year this morning. Always hurt me in morning for first day, lovely this afternoon and a great fit. Must be something to do with with muscles I dont normally use getting used to it. I noticed CEM said something in a post last week about it and having to get people he is fitting boots for to do stretches. So dont give up on them straight away if they hurt.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 3-02-24 15:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They sound about right for fit. As @Dashed said, you won't be standing straight but leaning forward which will push your feet back into the boot heel.

If not used for a few years, it's quite possible the liners have relaxed slightly and expanded that over time. They will compress back down again once you start using them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hils68, have you put on weight since you last wore the boots?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hils68, when you did you try them on?

https://www.footcaremd.org/resources/how-to-help/10-points-of-proper-shoe-fit#:~:text=Get%20measured%20at%20the%20end,rely%20on%20shoe%20size%20alone.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Origen wrote:
@Hils68, have you put on weight since you last wore the boots?

A few pounds Eh oh! I think I may take them to a boot fitter tomorrow and see what they say.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If your ankles and knees are locked straight your feet will elongate a small amount .

Flex foward at the ankles into a flexed ski position and the toes will draw back a small amount

You also need your heels to be back tight in the liner/boots heel pocket vs forcing the foot forward in the boot when putting the boots on .
People cant always put boots on properly

A boot salesman is just going to sell you new boots and/or footbeds

The footbeds though ....if they are correct ie superfeet or custom made via a pro boot fitter can help reduce the foot widening and or elongating

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 3-02-24 17:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Feet do tend do enlarge a bit over time, especially if you also put on weight. But they are supposed to touch the end when you're standing straight. Can you use some ultra-thin socks? Socks make a big difference.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You feet can get flatter as you get older. I went from 43 to 44 when i hit my early 50's. .... god that makes me feel old. Eh oh!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They do awful things with a few pregnancies.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When you put them on, kick each heel down onto the floor a couple of times. Then do up the buckles with light pressure and flex each knee forward a couple of times, which should pull the foot even further back. After doing this, you should not be able to feel the front.

Walking about undoes these actions and can have your foot slide forward in the boot again.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My feet have flattened I think … age, pregnancies, weight … I’ll still go to a place tomorrow and see what they say. If I have outgrown them I’ll just hire some instead of taking my own. Annoying when you pay so much for them and have only worn probably 6/8 weeks max. Thanks for replies Eh oh!
ski holidays
@Hils68, You mentioned pregnancy. I had to get my boots tweaked after our 2nd child. Apparently changes in foot shape and size is very common. I had lost weight since the boots were originally fitted but my feet had “spread” and I vaguely remember an issue with my calf muscles as well.
snow report
Just been to boot fitter. They are the right length but yes my feet have spread. Bought some thinner socks for this trip and load up on paracetamol if required. and will look to get shells moulded on pinch points when we are back. Thanks for all comments Eh oh!
latest report
@Hils68, if they need stretching why not just get them done in resort? Save ruining a week skiing or a few quid.
snow report
My feet have got a bit wider with age. My big toe spreading out wider.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy