Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend ski as already in Paris for work!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I am already in Paris for work and have a chance to do some weekend ski if I can find something easy to get to in train and back again to Paris(as flights to and from Paris to the UK are already paid for by the business).

Any suggestions on the quickest and easiest place to reach- I am an intermediate skier and not too bothered about the sizer of the resort. In my search I found train to Geneva and then an hour ride away is possible. But not having done a short ski trip- wanted to see if there are experienced skiers who would have good suggestions. Thank you for the suggestions.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Artistxman, What dates are you looking at?

Best option i'd say is Paris to Bourg St Maurice. Direct train right to the bottom of the valley below Les Arcs. 18.30 leaves Paris Arrives in Bourg at 23.30.

Stay in Bourg St Maurice using the Funicular to Les Arcs, and then come back on the Sunday, again direct back to Paris. Numerous trains with no changes:

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Artistxman,
Agree train to Bourg St Maurice. Get off at Moutiers for The 3 Vallees. Off at Aime for La Plagne or off at Bourg St Maurice for Les Arcs or Tignes/Val d’Isere (bus is only €12).

You are spoilt for choice. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both, It's the weekend of 22nd Feb and I realise it's the busy French and al the European school holidays... rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could also get off the train earlier at Albertville and ski Les Saisies or one one the other resorts around there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Artistxman wrote:
Thank you both, It's the weekend of 22nd Feb and I realise it's the busy French and al the European school holidays... rolling eyes

Best of luck with that Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Artistxman, if Geneva connect is easy (likely to be the most concise) then Chamonix would be prime choice, especially that week with probably less family focus than other ski area in France.

Brèvent and Flegere areas are great for the skill level you have, fabulous views across the Alps and close up of MontBlanc to boot. Really good mountain valley to visit and feel the scale of alpine environment, plenty to do there ski and apres wise.

I love Tarantaise valley ski areas, but gnarly travel and packed with peak school holiday visitors, then I'd stay away.

Same as Chamonix in ease via train but a little further is Verbier with similar offset to Tarantaise in travel convenience.

Chamonix would be my first choice though, I'd never regret a visit there however short.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
swskier wrote:
@Artistxman, What dates are you looking at?

Best option i'd say is Paris to Bourg St Maurice. Direct train right to the bottom of the valley below Les Arcs. 18.30 leaves Paris Arrives in Bourg at 23.30.

Stay in Bourg St Maurice using the Funicular to Les Arcs, and then come back on the Sunday, again direct back to Paris. Numerous trains with no changes:

Just checking this out and makes good sense to use this suggestion and hotels still reasonable/available. But a question on hired skis, boots etc...is it possible to leave it up in Les arcs so I don't have to carry it everywhere? Is there ski locker room to hire or will the shop allow me to leave it somewhere they have space? Just working out the logistics. Thank you
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually found a old post here: Do they still exist? Any recent experiences will be valuable and thanks in advance.

snowcrazy wrote:
Pete_On_The_Snow, As has been mentioned, Gordon and Rosie have ski storage at the bottom of Funi, per day, week or season.

Sport 2000 at the top of funi have the same deals. You need to look online to check prices, but best to do it when you arrive and get a better price, maybe?

As Arctic Roll, says, loads to do off the lifts out of Arc 1600 and into the whole domain. If you are coming out, send me a PM. Have fun. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Artistxman, https://www.intersport-arc1600.com/en/residence

Looks like they have lockers here and it's next to the Funicular
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you, I may have been wrong about finding places to stay...it's hard to find something close to Funicular station just for the weekend. Some websites only take booking for 7 days...mmm! Are there well know sites where there may be last minute availability...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pssssst..... https://www.richemond.fr/en/hotel ......you can just walk across to the Brevent lift, get there on train only from Geneva a short walk from station

Family run too, they can make their own decisions about length of stay/availability.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh, and you can put your boots on in the basement heated boot room and just walk over to that lift, no need to make special arrangement.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Artistxman, when I looked on booking.com there was nothing available in Bourg St Maurice that weekend
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks, managed to find an airbnb and reserved with free cancellation already...but having second thoughts when I add all the cost up it's turning out to be an expensive trip just for 2 days... Shock
snow report
Artistxman wrote:
Thanks, managed to find an airbnb and reserved with free cancellation already...but having second thoughts when I add all the cost up it's turning out to be an expensive trip just for 2 days... Shock

You won't regret it, though! Very Happy Very Happy A great way to spend a weekend!
snow report
It will be expensive just for two days. Being in Paris isn't such a huge advantage if you only have two days in the busy holiday season. Where are you the rest of the time??
snow conditions
Find a mate and drive down and share a cheap studio?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy