Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super cheap flights & car hire to Milan!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Finally not tied to the school holidays. Just booked 3 adult returns London to Bergamo inc car rental for £248 for 8-17 March. You couldn't even drive to the alp for that! The trick was to fly Friday afternoon & come back Sunday morning. Also means we get 8 days skiing with a cheap airbnb friday night on the way out & saturday night on the way back.
Then we'll stay in Gressoney Saint Jean & ski at the excellent Ski Monterosa.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BenTisdall wrote:
Finally not tied to the school holidays. Just booked 3 adult returns London to Bergamo inc car rental for £248 for 8-17 March. You couldn't even drive to the alp for that! The trick was to fly Friday afternoon & come back Sunday morning. Also means we get 8 days skiing with a cheap airbnb friday night on the way out & saturday night on the way back.
Then we'll stay in Gressoney Saint Jean & ski at the excellent Ski Monterosa.

Milan and Bergamo can be dirt cheap. We have booked return tickets for well under 100 euros pp, even in the height of the European winter holidays. My wife and I spent a weekend in Milan in October and the flights were 66 euros pp, leaving Friday evening and returning Sunday evening.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BenTisdall, that's a great deal. one more season (after this one) for me, before being free from school term time dates.

though unfortunately, not sure when i finally break free from paying for all of it, and returning to just pay for my own part of a ski trip Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flights and car hire are usually very inexpensive in Italy during winter. I'm paying £36 for an 11 day rental later this month out of Malpensa, and that was neither with the cheapest hire company or for the cheapest classes of car.

The issue is accommodation, ski hire and ski passes prices which are way higher than in many comparable resorts or towns in France (with very large ski areas probably the exception). When you factor this in, in my experience Italy ends up being more expensive.

(Edited to change expensive to inexpensive in the first sentence!)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 9-02-24 13:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Just booked 3 adult returns London to Bergamo inc car rental for £248 for 8-17 March.

Wow, that is good value Luggage and skis are usually more than that alone.

Before adding luggage and skis return flights from Birmingham to Geneva are coming in at £80 per head return in March, once again by avoiding Saturday flights.

Though Gressoney Saint Jean is a long bus ride from the lifts it does have the advantage that the self catering chalets and hotels are happy accepting non Sat-Sat bookings.
Quote:

My wife and I spent a weekend in Milan in October

My wife and I just spent a couple days in Milan in January. It was a wonderful city to visit. However, we couldn’t find any cheap flights and ended up driving to London to get a British Airways flight, which amazingly was the least expensive (ignoring fuel, parking ULEZ charges etc)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed in Gressoney Saint Jean before & just drove up to Staffal each morning in our hire car. Unless it's changed since then there was plenty of free parking there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
terrygasson wrote:
@BenTisdall, that's a great deal. one more season (after this one) for me, before being free from school term time dates.

though unfortunately, not sure when i finally break free from paying for all of it, and returning to just pay for my own part of a ski trip Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Don't hold your breath. One of my sons earns more than I do but plays all those GenZ cards about university fees, how hard it is to buy a house etc etc. In the end they've agreed to pay their ski hire & ski passes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BenTisdall, When we were there 2 weeks ago they were charging for parking. But that may only apply at weekends. We left our hire car at St Jean and just caught the bus - less hassle and we could have a drink before returning .
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I quite happlily pay for my son's lift pass and TBH it costs us no more for him to sit in the car with us and stay in the same apartment. He does the cooking and spends his share on food and drink.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@johnE, i will always be happy to pay for my girls transport and apartment if we are going together, even if they will be earning a wage, but i would expect them to pay for their own lift pass and a few rounds of drinks!!

@BenTisdall, yes, my eldest lives with me rent/board free, and is at work, but somehow i still end up "lending" her money for her upkeep rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy