Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ortisei/Ski Passes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are off next week and I cant quite figure out the passes and what we need.

Wonder if anyone can help who has been there.

We are only there for 3 days and I choose the area to ski the Alpe Di Siusi side as my son got scared last time we went and he wanted some wide open pistes.

If we get the Val Gardena ski pass do you think thats enough for the three days.

Or should we decide on the day and queue for a daily ski pass so we can ski the Sella Ronda.

If you have any advice - that would be great - Many thanks!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Val Gardena pass should offer you plenty of possibilities for a 3 day trip. The Sella Ronda runs could well be very crowded and not much fun next week.

Also, if you book your passes online at least 2 days before travel, you may be eligible for a 5% discount (applies to Dolomitisuperski passes but haven't checked if it's applicable to local Val Gardena passes).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi - thank you

I can use the the domiti pass but I didnt know if I could do a 2 day pass for Val Gardena and then add the super ski pass for the third day.

Also - did wonder if the sella ronda would be too busy next week as well. Eek! The joys of half term
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
All the info you need for full Dolomitisuperski and individual area (e.g.Val G) passes will be on the Dolomitisuperski website. You can't combine 2+1 economically.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i have read through quite a bit of the site and got confused which is why i asked here.

There isnt much difference cost wise so may just do the larger area to save time queuing in the mornings. I have just booked my snowshoeing!

Many thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Val Gardena pass is plenty for 3 days : day one, seiser alm : day two, Seceda area : day three, Selva area
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
amazing - thank you!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albob wrote:
Val Gardena pass is plenty for 3 days : day one, seiser alm : day two, Seceda area : day three, Selva area

Completely agree with this itinerary. Hard to beat that for 3 days.

I’m not sure you said where you were staying in VG? If it’s Ortesei itself then even more reason not to bother heading outside the VG region as you will loose plenty of time getting across to the SR anyway.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi - thanks

Staying in Ortesei itsself.

Have taken note of what you have suggested.

Many thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just get the Val Gardena pass, there's plenty in the valley to do with Alpe di Siusi, Seceda accessible directly from Ortisei, then you could head up to Selva and right up to the Sella Pass.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can't add/upgrade superski pass days to an existing val gardena local pass. We asked this last week at the ticket office. You would need to buy a separate 1 or more day superski pass.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CeliaCo wrote:
Hi - thank you

I can use the the domiti pass but I didnt know if I could do a 2 day pass for Val Gardena and then add the super ski pass for the third day.

Also - did wonder if the sella ronda would be too busy next week as well. Eek! The joys of half term

Last time we went we could add the Superski pass for an upcharge, since you have a plastic lift card they just reprogram it.

For 3 days, Val Gardena pass should be fine. If your son is nervous, Alpe di Siusi and Plan Gralba are perfect. Plan Gralba gets a bit busy but thins out noticeably in the afternoon. Alpe di Siusi may, or may not, be crowded, but there are always a few lifts that never seem to have big lines.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you all for your help. We had a fab fab few days away and just loved the whole area.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@CeliaCo, That’s good to hear. By ‘whole area’ do you mean you took an area pass or are you just talking about VG?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi

I didnt actually ski - I snow shoed and the others skied. We stayed in Ortisei and used the pass for VG for 2 days (Alpe Di Suisi and then Santa Christina) and then they did the sella ronda on the 3rd day. They loved the restaurants everywhere. I loved walks!
snow report
CeliaCo wrote:
Hi

I didnt actually ski - I snow shoed and the others skied. We stayed in Ortisei and used the pass for VG for 2 days (Alpe Di Suisi and then Santa Christina) and then they did the sella ronda on the 3rd day. They loved the restaurants everywhere. I loved walks!

Excellent. Difficult to go far wrong in such a great area!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy