Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hot or not: winter camo ski suit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was just looking for a warm one-piece winter suit for all sorts of activities in sub-zero temperatures: walking the dog, snowshoeing, watching my kids tobogganing etc - and occasionally skiing in, when it gets really cold (we're talking about temps below -20 C).. A friend of mine highly recommended his snow suit made in the Finnish Army mil specs, with the exact same camo pattern they use. Said it's great even in -30 with a bit of merino under.

That got me thinking, what's the general consensus of wearing winter camouflage on the pistes? I mean, would it be OK if an invisible man, while or after having a short break for an example, popped out from or just stood on the side of the piste, in the treeline looking like this (obviously sans the gun, backpack & face paint)?

I do get that it's not the safest piece of clothing one can wear, but would it be unsafe enough for you to get angry about?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 31-01-24 14:27; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

would it be unsafe enough for you to vent it out to him?

Sorry, I don't know what that means. But a nice bright primary colour one might be more sensible. There were fluorescent ones around some years ago - I rather liked them.

The man in the picture looks very good in his, though. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It would be ideal for having a quick pee at the edge of the piste. If it has some kind of fly....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Origen wrote:
Quote:

would it be unsafe enough for you to vent it out to him?

Sorry, I don't know what that means. But a nice bright primary colour one might be more sensible. There were fluorescent ones around some years ago - I rather liked them.

The man in the picture looks very good in his, though. wink

Fixed now.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Should be good for the coming citizens army!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No. I wouldn't get angry with him, but if I mowed him down because he was invisible I wouldn't expect him to get angry with me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ahhh, making it easy (not) for rescuers to find you, should that be required. Sort of aids Darwinian Selection.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Ravensburger, Only any good as camo if you get matching rucksack straps/belt, clearly the hunter guy hasn't fully thought it fully through (assuming you wouldn't need a hunting rifle on your ski trips).

My suggestion would be to get another colour way if available (exchange the white for day-glo orange, and the green/grey for lime green).....see and be seen on the snow, particularly by others. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29 wrote:
@Ravensburger, the hunter guy hasn't fully thought it fully through (assuming you wouldn't need a hunting rifle on your ski trips).

My suggestion would be to get another colour way if available (exchange the white for day-glo orange, and the green/grey for lime green).....see and be seen on the snow, particularly by others. wink

Off topic, but I don't think that guy is a hunter... Looks like an assault rifle to me more than a hunting rifle. But he's not an Army guy either. Looks like just some random guy in a forest with an AR. Or a replica. Sorry about that, I'm aware of that this is not a gun forum, hence the spoilers.

Yep, if the suit was just for skiing in mild weather I'd rock a Tipsy Elves one-piece (at least some of their models are quite fun), but I'm now looking for a really warm, well made suit that would cover it all.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ravensburger, is this a wind up?

It's a daft idea. The soldier wants to go unseen, you don't.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ghastly.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
French hunting jackets are orange with a camoflage pattern on top, no idea how warm they are.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy