Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dilemma

Poster: A snowHead
When you click your poles should you keep your lift pass in your back pack or elsewhere? asking for a friend.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T Bar wrote:
When you click your poles should you keep your lift pass in your back pack or elsewhere? asking for a friend.

I keep mine between my helmet and my head, plenty of space in there due to the MIPS mechanism - which in turn really strengthens my neck muscles through increased CoM.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In your pants as a box incase you click too many times at the wrong person.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
on the end of your pole obvs
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Surely wedged in between the two pairs of socks I need to wear so my comfort fit boots don’t fall off my feet.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
In your pants as a box incase you click too many times at the wrong person.

Ah - that other kind of pole tap... HA! MISSED BOTH MY LEGS! ow.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What about taped to the third set of spare gloves in your 45l pack? Just watch out for trapping it under the survival blanket as it'll disrupt the signal.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Keep your lift pass in your electric vehicle that you just about managed to drive to the resort in after spending 20 hours pre-planning your stops to get there and back.
The poles should be stored in a readily accessible location to avoid any lost clicking time which everyone knows is by far the best part of a skiing holiday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
T Bar wrote:

Colour oneside with a yellow sharpie & the other with a red.
Booking for first offence. Remove lift pass for 2nd offence
#cancelculture
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glue it to your all-season tyres. Extra grip.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tuck the pass under the helmet you are wearing (that very old thread has now gone away leaving some to wear helmets and some not in peace) then pre record the pole clicking and play it continuously very loudly over the speaker attached to your backpack.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glue it to the top of your 120mm wide skis on a cruisy piste day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
T Bar wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T Bar wrote:

I have the same question, but also need to know where to ski in Haute Savoie next New Year - we need a hotel for a group including Vegan, Coeliac, one with a Solanum Tuberosum allergy, and including children under 4 who need a swimming pool.

Also, which are the best skis for the conditions as they will be at New Year - and what are my DIN settings and edge angles?

Finally, I have heard that putting my sunglasses legs outside my beanie makes me look like a local - is this frowned upon and will I lose them?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As an alt-right far-left libertarian offgridder, I’m against the concepts of lift passes, helmets, the FiS Code of Conduct, DIN settings, GFS and the ECMRW.

Controlled mountain slopes are theft. My counterfeit lift pass will be kept where the sun doesn’t shine.
snow conditions
Superb!
This is more like it!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

one with a Solanum Tuberosum allergy

Ooh unfortunate - one slip and you've had your chips.

Quote:

I’m against ... the ECMRW.

The European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts? Fair enough, they are probably behind the current warm spell in the Alps at the moment I susspose...
snow conditions
GreenDay wrote:
T Bar wrote:

I have the same question, but also need to know where to ski in Haute Savoie next New Year - we need a hotel for a group including Vegan, Coeliac, one with a Solanum Tuberosum allergy, and including children under 4 who need a swimming pool.

Also, which are the best skis for the conditions as they will be at New Year - and what are my DIN settings and edge angles?

Finally, I have heard that putting my sunglasses legs outside my beanie makes me look like a local - is this frowned upon and will I lose them?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I’m also interested in this but require being able to get around without having to use gondolas/telecabins due to a fear of heights and being in an enclosed space due to health concerns. I’m ok with T bars but only where I can guarantee not sharing with short people…I’m 6’10”. Is there a height measuring system to ensure a more balanced allocation of T-bar?
ski holidays
Cacciatore wrote:

I’m also interested in this but require being able to get around without having to use gondolas/telecabins due to a fear of heights and being in an enclosed space due to health concerns. I’m ok with T bars but only where I can guarantee not sharing with short people…I’m 6’10”. Is there a height measuring system to ensure a more balanced allocation of T-bar?

Ha !

This is a real issue skiing up here, particularly if you go when there is a school day out - being 185cm and sharing with a small 12 year old kid is murder on the hamstrings !
ski holidays
Snow&skifan wrote:
As an alt-right far-left libertarian offgridder, I’m against the concepts of lift passes, helmets, the FiS Code of Conduct, DIN settings, GFS and the ECMRW.

You missed the one about being against having ski boots in your hand luggage. How could you forget?
latest report
Pyramus wrote:
Snow&skifan wrote:

You missed the one about being against having ski boots in your hand luggage. How could you forget?

What?! Why wouldn't you?! Have people taken umbrage with this?
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

one with a Solanum Tuberosum allergy

Ooh unfortunate - one slip and you've had your chips.

Quote:

I’m against ... the ECMRW.

The European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts? Fair enough, they are probably behind the current warm spell in the Alps at the moment I susspose...

Wake up and smell the coffee. They work with the Clinton's, Anthony Fauci and Greta Thunberg to destroy the winter sports industry.
snow conditions
Cacciatore wrote:

I quote the height discrimination act and demand they stack two children on each other's shoulders as a counterbalance.
snow report
Which resorts are supporting the Elon Musk brain implant ski pass next New Year?
ski holidays
GreenDay wrote:
Which resorts are supporting the Elon Musk brain implant ski pass next New Year?

This concept needs more development
Based on current observation with a high degree of confidence this protocol requires a brain implant for many skiers as a preliminary step to provide somewhere for the skipass implant to have a chance to survive Laughing
ski holidays
Yesterday I went to the lift using the solo line. Imagine my anger when a group of four got on the chair lift with me. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
I was also outraged when an ESF instructor barged in with her pupil just as I reached the gates!
How dare they it SHOULDNT be allowed someone needs to complain to the govt
I blame brexit
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy