Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideas for Feb 10 quickie?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes, I know it’s half term, queues will be horrible & prices ridiculously inflated…but the only time I can get cover at work is Feb 10-17!
It’s just me - so any ideas on accomodation/resorts - just want to ski a lot, every day! Best snow conditions at present seem to be in France - any suggestions? Any top tips most welcome!
Thanks for any help Eh oh!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
France’s higher resorts and say the Alberg have a deeper upper snowbase from the Nov/Dec blizzards. But France has since suffered from rain and warm temperatures since eg sheet ice.

Also consider resorts in the Dolomites.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's hard to advise you without knowing what you are looking for! Level of skier? Piste skiing? Touring? Off-piste?

In general Italy will be less frantic than (lots of) France. And I don't think conditions are any better/worse. Lots of places in Italy, Austria and Switzerland have good base depths.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zikomo wrote:
It's hard to advise you without knowing what you are looking for! Level of skier? Piste skiing? Touring? Off-piste?

In general Italy will be less frantic than (lots of) France. And I don't think conditions are any better/worse. Lots of places in Italy, Austria and Switzerland have good base depths.

Very true..sorry! Advanced - but happy with a good mixture over a decent area. On Piste. Bro (@Retrobod) & I have played hard at Cervinia & Les 2 Alpes before, and I loved Tignes - that kind of stuff Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fly to Turin and rent a car to drive to Cervinia and Monterosa. Forget the big French resorts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rich1, deep base in France, but not a lot of fresh predicted. LOTS of snow falling up in the north of Europe - check out Norway.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@rich1, deep base in France, but not a lot of fresh predicted. LOTS of snow falling up in the north of Europe - check out Norway.

Thanks. Saw some Norway stuff around - never really considered before. Any recommendations?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rich1 wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:

Thanks. Saw some Norway stuff around - never really considered before. Any recommendations?

There's some nice glade skiing in Hovden (great if it's fluffy!) And Geilo is pretty good for all your piste needs. They're both a little out of the way so if you want easy access then Trysil is great!

Edit: Also heard good things about Hemsedal but haven't had the chance to check it out yet...

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 29-01-24 12:33; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Origen wrote:
Fly to Turin and rent a car to drive to Cervinia and Monterosa. Forget the big French resorts.

Thanks - I've been to Cervinia twice and love it. Previously packages - any tips if self-arranging?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rich1, Cervinia is definitely easy in package form, with not much advantage to DIY it. If there's something suitable again, then likely the simplest.

Within the ooF (out of France) orientation, Verbier via Geneva and train. Less costly and with train/bus to Nendaz for same area. Huge amount to ski too in all direction.

Val D Anivviers a slightly quirky choice, also Geneva/train/bus access, with wonderful old valley ski ambience. Prefer Grimentz to stay.

I do like Via Latea area though, again with likely ease of packages to Sauz d Oulx giving very large area to explore. Typical Italian food and approach is nice mix here.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy