Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Beer Price Increase February 1st

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bad news for beer drinkers during winter sports: prices for beer will probably rise again soon in Austria, at least for the Brau Union brands

Brau Union increases its prices for retailers and the catering industry by an average of 3.6 percent.

Only Brau Union increased

This increase does not apply to all beer, but only to brands owned by Brau Union:

Gosser
Zipfer
Kaiser
Pointgamer
Schwechater
Wieselburger
Schladminger
Edelweiss
Villacher

Expect others to follow
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What’s wrong with Edelweiss - why doesn’t it get an”er” like all the others ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Already seen increases last year following the threat of strike action over pay by the brewery workers.

Fortunately, the larger supermarket chains routinely discount the main/premium beer brands. Half litre bottles typically under 0.70E a bottle, so not exactly expensive.

Bar prices (at least, around here) will probably rise to just above 5,00E for half a litre, both on and off the mountains.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What I have noticed this year in both Fiss and Arlberg was a lot of places only selling small beers but at 0.5l prices.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So all the Heineken brands.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sev112 wrote:
What’s wrong with Edelweiss - why doesn’t it get an”er” like all the others ?

Edelweiss is wheat beer/White beer (hence weiss). Hefetrub is a lovely sip.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sev112, I suspect that the "er" on the end is a genitive of some sort ie the beer from Villach or the Kaiser's beer whereas Edelweiss means precious or high quality white /wheat. There is a slightly higher strength Augustiner called Edelstoff which roughly translated means precious stuff Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m a lightweight these days, two big Schladminger lagers my max. So little financial effect for me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy