Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One day ski from Denver

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a work trip to Denver coming up this month and have spare day on the Friday which I plan to ski.

I'd rather get a bus or train on the Thursday evening and back on the Saturday morning, but I could hire a car if needed. Some of the single day lift passes are very expensive, and as I'm only there for a day, a smaller resort with a cheaper lift ticket would be good.

I've looked at the Winter Park Express train, but it doesn't go on Thursdays. Echo Mountain has a cheap lift ticket, but only has one lift. Vail and Aspen are really expensive, but perhaps I just need to accept that! Keystone could be a good option.

Does anyone have any recommendations about where to go and how to get there? Thanks! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have family in Lakewood, in the Denver suburbs. I'd often do Loveland as a day-trip from there. About 40 mins drive if I70 isn't busy. Not sure if there are public transport options. It's a nice, small, quiet place. Not really a resort as no real infrastructure or accomodation options. Walk up rate is still pretty eye-watering but there are often deals you can find in local supermarkets, petrol stations, etc to get that down a bit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - Loveland looks like a really good option. The lift pass on a Friday is a bit cheaper than the weekend and not as expensive as the larger resorts. It looks like I can get the bus there, but takes about 3 hours, so a hire car seems like the way to go.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A-Basin.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a train from Denver to Winter Park which runs on Fridays. Leaves Denver 0700 and in resort 0900.

https://www.amtrak.com/winter-park-express
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy