Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich to Ischgl train advice....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done the Zurich - Landeck - bus to Ischgl route before??

Tickets are proving a ballache to buy

I'm trying to travel on March 16th and both the OBB and SBB apps state that some of the routes are affected by construction and other routes I can't seem to buy tickets due to "the request contains non-tarrifable...etc"...then when if I get a chance to progress it throw up more errors.

Any ideas??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just for grins, I tried the ÖBB app and had no issues in finding a service. Railjet to Landeck and then bus. Other routings exist, but with many changes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers lad....but could you try it for March 16th?? and let me know how you get on??
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh and can you please click on the "Journey" button....it says due to the construction the train doesn't stop in the Haptbanhof but the app says I need change trains there???

I'm really confused.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Train at 10:40. The train bypasses Buchs. Not an issue for you, if travelling from Zürich. €63
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unfortunately the Aer Lingus flight at 10:30.

There's trains from airport, are they any better or do they ALL have to come to the HB first.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dazman, you can currently buy Sparscheine tickets (on oebb.at) for that date if you want to save some cash (e.g. 14:23 Zürich airport – Ischgl is €29.30 and doesn't have the problem with the train not stopping(!)) It seems you don't need to go via the Hauptbahnhof – just pick the most suitable route. Beware that the route may change because of the construction work – they may send you a lot of emails about this, but just check it the day before and make a note of your timings and changes. In Switzerland, the connections will wait, but don't dither about if it's tight. If you arrive at a stop early enough to get an earlier connection than you're scheduled for (if you end up on a replacement bus, there's a bit of contingency build in), this will probably be ok, but check with the staff if you have time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dazman, From the airport you either need to change at Zürich Hauptbahnhof or in Bregenz. Hauptbahnhof is likely to be easier as there are many trains from the airport going into town. The train you then need is a Railjet (RJ) starting in Zürich heading to Vienna. They go every two hours. Not sure how many trains go to Bregenz from the airport, I know the ones to Munich do (every two hours). Again the trains that start in Bregenz head to Vienna. After Feldkirch they run on the same track but the ones that start in Zürich stop in St Anton the others in Langen am Arlberg. Both stop in Landeck. The bus to Ischgl goes from the station forecourt. Is is pretty slow going as lots of stops.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dazman, One other thought is to make sure you reserve a seat (or go first class, you get Sparscheine ones too). The trains are pretty much always busy and a booked seat is essential.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
But watch out if reserving seats on routes with construction work – the train may change in the interim, so the booked seat may not be valid. You can’t even reserve seats sometimes, or it will just be for one part of the journey so may not be worth it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarlet wrote:
@dazman, you can currently buy Sparscheine tickets (on oebb.at) for that date if you want to save some cash (e.g. 14:23 Zürich airport – Ischgl is €29.30 and doesn't have the problem with the train not stopping(!)) It seems you don't need to go via the Hauptbahnhof – just pick the most suitable route. Beware that the route may change because of the construction work – they may send you a lot of emails about this, but just check it the day before and make a note of your timings and changes. In Switzerland, the connections will wait, but don't dither about if it's tight. If you arrive at a stop early enough to get an earlier connection than you're scheduled for (if you end up on a replacement bus, there's a bit of contingency build in), this will probably be ok, but check with the staff if you have time.

This is brilliant, can I just book the earlier (more expensive) 12:15 one then too??
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
munich_irish wrote:
@dazman, One other thought is to make sure you reserve a seat (or go first class, you get Sparscheine ones too). The trains are pretty much always busy and a booked seat is essential.

Are folks names over the seats??....can you just sit where there's no name??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@dazman, no names. Just a tag saying the seat is reserved between 2 stations. Your reservation receipt will give you the wagon and seat number.

Without a reservation, you can sit in any seat in your ticket class… or stand. Had the latter happen on one of our first trips. Lesson learned.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dazman, you can book any train you like, but be aware that if the ticket says "Sparscheine" when you book, it is a discount ticket and only valid on that particular service. However, when you book during construction work, there will be some small print about changing the routes, so you may not end up on the exact train you intended, but they will email you about this (in my case, every day, for the out and return booking, for about 3 weeks beforehand rolling eyes ). Keep an eye on these as you get closer to the date, and save the email with the original booking in case you need to refer to it while travelling. Swiss railways are very efficient though, so don't worry too much.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy