Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian Ski Trip Advice - From Turin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, first post here
Does anyone have advice for my upcoming ski trip to Italy? My partner and I have flights to Turin and will be hiring a car to get to the resort. Trip is for the last week of February, but can't decide which resort to go with.
Originally we were looking at Sauze or Sestriere, but have heard mixed reviews about snow conditions and poor/old lifts. Our next option we've looked at is Cervinia.
The trip is for just two of us, we enjoy Apres, and going out to restaurants for dinner, and a bit of nightlife is ideal. We are intermediate ski and snowboarder, on blues and reds mostly. Any advice/suggestions would be great
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cervinia would be ideal for you. High and snowsure. Has some great restaurants.

Monterosa would probably also work for you. Champoluc is not party central but has some good bars and restaurants. Very few blue runs though, so it depends on your ability/preference.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @dansharland,
I was going to suggest Courmayer, but the night life tends to end before 8pm.

Cervina is more likely to be lively.
Its also a great confidence building resort with huge wide pistes.
+ there is the chance to get across to Zermatt.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for Cervinia. I'm a big fan of Courmayeur but only for shorter trips. Cervinia is a great resort for intermediate cruising and has enough nightlife to keep you entertained. (though obviously it's not full on apres like in Austria)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sauze does have some old lift infrastructure but it’s still a great place. I’ve been 5 times in the past decade or so, always around end of February time. Definitely wouldn’t rule it out for the reasons mentioned.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Courmayer is tiny for a whole week.

Sauze /Sestriere has a big area, although under the new ownership a number of pistes haven't been opened up - maybe conserving snow making costs, but still a decent option and reasonable apres. one or two old slow chairs, but so do most places, its also has newer fast ones.

Cervinia a definite good option.

La Thuile also an option, although suspect quiet apres as smallish village (I visited from Aosta town)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy