Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpybus - do not use

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just a quick note that Alpybus have abandoned us at GVA as they somehow messed up our booking and didn’t have space on a bus.

Their solution is a refund and will not entertain any other options to get to resort.

Luckily BensBus has saved our behinds as they happened to have spare seats in a couple of hours. We had to sort this, not Alpybus…

Alpybus - they will abandon you, do not use them!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Spikyhedgehog, hmmm, we have been avoiding them for a while.

Note also, they are now (at least in Chamonix) trading as Alpy Transfers.

Not quite sure of why the rebrand Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I suspect "Alpy Transfers" has been chosen as the umbrella name given the company now includes ChamExpress and EasyBus.

@Spikyhedgehog, that sounds a nightmare. Unfortunately not everywhere has a choice of companies offering shared transfers, so we continue to use Alpybus. So far they have worked for us, I hope we don't suffer your experience.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Spikyhedgehog, well that is serendipitous, and not in a good way; Half an hour earlier I booked a transfer with them from Geneva airport to Argentiere for the 5th January.

I will await the outcome with interest...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Worth a double check the day before to 100% ensure you have a seat! Very Happy

I understand that transfers can be a nightmare, but it just annoys me that they don’t offer to pay/promise to reimburse a taxi, or car hire as a compensatory measure when they mess up the booking! Just a refund, like that really helps at the n’th hour…
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@j b, Cham*Express (also Morzine*, and a few others) had a truly dreadful reputation when run by the original owner.

All a bit odd as Alpybus is a Swiss company and y'know, quality reputation (and scrutiny of companies behaviour).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
En route to the PSB I was scunnered for the lardybus by two flight cancellations - along with another four snowheads. Spent most of the the three hours I had to kill in Schipol waiting for the re-scheduled second flight to Geneva googling/emailing/phoning companies to try and arrange an ad hoc transfer. To be fair the PSB was probably before a lot of provision was geared up to go, but it was a nightmare of either unhelpful or outrageously over priced offers.

Eventually got in touch with www.alpinefleet.com who were super helpful and provided very late in the day a great driver who got us to Tignes without drama in increasing snow conditions.

On the back of that anyone looking for an ad hoc or pre-booked transfer French alps I'd strongly recommend www.alpinefleet.com

rgds

C.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ColinC, I would only note that Alpine Fleet look to be an aggregator (nothing intrinsically wrong with that) - but you are at arms length from the actual operator ...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, according to our future bookings it is "Operated by Chamexpress within France; Alpybus within
Switzerland". So maybe it is a device to allow them to consolidate their operating licences (i.e. not pay for multiple licences under the different names). Or to subdivide their earnings for tax purposes.

The parent company is actually Spanish, according to the credit card bill.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not to be confused with Altibus
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any thoughts on swisstours?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Ram80, we've used them maybe 10 times in last 2 years? worked well. except no changes or refunds so ...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's an absolute shocker @Spikyhedgehog - glad you got sorted.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Out of interest when you say they messed up - did they not confirm your booking via email, but took your money? That is my current situation - I have paid, and have receipt for payment, but did not receive an email confirmation of the transfer. I can see my booking is "Confirmed" via their website (https://alpsbookings.com/my/booking/CEX) , but it says they will SMS me the day before to confirm both pickup times. Seems very weird/sketchy, that they offer a 10.00am GVA bus, but when you pay, they do not confirm.

And of course attempts to contact them (email not responded to, phone not answered)

Considering a second option of AlpineFleet then will chargeback my Amex to get my Chamexpress money back.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@_SNOWHE_AD_S, you won't get your money back through charge back if they provide the service
latest report
Having not received an email confirmation of the booking and the fact they only estimate for pickup to be notified by SMS 24hr in advance - despite showing fixed times before you pay - it's difficult to have confidence the service will be provided on the days.
Hence wondering what the 'messed up' experience of @Spikyhedgehog was so I could determine whether to cancel now, try to get some confirmation from Chamexpress/Alpybus, or book an alternative.

But yeah if they provide the service on the date I couldn't chargeback after the fact. Cheers

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 24-01-24 15:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@_SNOWHE_AD_S, agree its a poor model
latest report
Is that normal experience people have had recently? Usually I always get an email and/or fixed pickup times at GVA and e.g. resort bus station. But this SMS model is indeed really vague.
Will pursue Chamexpress and post back here if I get any response
snow report
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/alpybus.com
latest report
Seems mixed

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5210706
snow conditions
Am I the only one who finds it irritating when people post about terrible service and how their booking was messed up, but choose to hide what actually happened? Seems strange to me. Much more useful to be explicit and explain exactly what has gone on.
ski holidays
I think the practice of a number of transfer companies is to confirm pick up times the day before, but this is to take account of traffic and weather conditions in order to get you to your destination on time. Having said all that-and with an Alpybus booking for a return to GVA on 2nd Feb, I went to their website and I am even more confused! The scheduled "shared"service from VT to GVA if I click through on the Alpybus website says estimated pick up time 11.30am in St Martin. The scheduled "fixed lines" service if I go via the Alpytransfers site has no bus running at that time at all...
We've used Alpybus many times over the years before they became part of this bigger operation and I have had no complaints but now I'm contemplating cancelling next week's transfer and booking one with Coolrunnings.
snow conditions
@Spikyhedgehog, We still don't know what actually happened. How did they "mess up" the booking?
ski holidays
I've used aplybus/chamexpress 5 or 6 times in the Chamonix valley this season. It's late (no more than an hour) about half the time, and one time I wasn't on the drivers list but he let me have a seat only because there was still one left. I hadn't received an email confirmation that particular time. For my latest booking I also didn't receive and email but after 3 phone calls and an email (that's what worked) they sent me the confirmation.

It seems they hire out local taxi vans to do the transfers. The last guy told me he didn't work for alpybus, he was 'just the driver'.

If there weren't a plan B (there's also trains to Chamonix) I wouldn't trust them.
ski holidays
HammondR wrote:
@Spikyhedgehog, well that is serendipitous, and not in a good way; Half an hour earlier I booked a transfer with them from Geneva airport to Argentiere for the 5th January.

I will await the outcome with interest...

How did it go? Puzzled
snow conditions
Used Alpy transfers, no issues at all, on time, plenty of seats
snow report
@Spikyhedgehog, Can you please explain exactly that happened? I have asked a few times. No response. Which us unhelpful to the extent that I now suspect the fault was on your side rather than theirs.
snow conditions
@zikomo, jnterested too, never had a problem. Communication is key with them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I chose not to book with Alpybus nor Alpinefleet recently as they seem not to be the end provider and with a transfer I would much prefer to know who it is you are dealing with.

I'm sure there are more instances of it going well then badly but you of course mainly hear of the bad service not the good.
latest report
@Markymark29, It's just plain weird to create a thread about how terrible a company has treated you, but not explain exactly how they have done so. Why would the OP not explain properly in their first post? If I was mucked about and wanted to either warn others or just have a rant it would be natural to be explicit about what happened. Even more weird to not just answer the question when asked. I now suspect it was all made up, he paid for a cheap shared transfer and did not get a private transfer level of service so decided to bad mouth the transfer company here. It sounds like others have had genuine issues with this provider, and some have been happy with the service. But this OP sounds not at all genuine to me.
snow report
zikomo wrote:
@Markymark29, It's just plain weird to create a thread about how terrible a company has treated you, but not explain exactly how they have done so. Why would the OP not explain properly in their first post? If I was mucked about and wanted to either warn others or just have a rant it would be natural to be explicit about what happened. Even more weird to not just answer the question when asked. I now suspect it was all made up, he paid for a cheap shared transfer and did not get a private transfer level of service so decided to bad mouth the transfer company here. It sounds like others have had genuine issues with this provider, and some have been happy with the service. But this OP sounds not at all genuine to me.

Does he not say that he booked a transfer and the transfer did not have enough space so they refused to take him and just offered a refund (this sounds like overbooking does it not?)? All seems quite a simple problem that has happened before and will no doubt again. Are you after a full transcription of the conversation?

It's a bit of a leap to conclude that the OP is not genuine and it was all made up just because he was not explicit like you would have been. And has he/she not posted here since you asked your question?
latest report
@Legend., It was more vague than that. Op said "they somehow messed up our booking and didn’t have space on a bus". And has not been back since (post was on 30 Dec). I suspect he booked the wrong day/time tbh.
latest report
I got Chamexpress to respond to email after 2nd attempt, and they provided the pdf confirmation with QR code as an attachment in their response. Their automated confirm emails just seems lost in the ether (is nowhere in my gmail account, despite multiple searches...)

So far, customer service is ok. The 'SMS day before' actual time thingy still gives me the jeebees but let's see in a couple of weeks.
Thanks
snow conditions
@_SNOWHE_AD_S, an SMS the day before is normal - pickup time might change due to e.g. weather conditions
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
@_SNOWHE_AD_S, an SMS the day before is normal - pickup time might change due to e.g. weather conditions

We were travelling to Geneva yesterday and duly received a text message from Alpybus on Thursday afternoon confirming our departure time from Val Thorens Very Happy.

It was a13.45 departure and all went well.

On time and a smooth transfer, as per our previous dozen trips with Alpybus Very Happy .
snow report
All worked fine, bus arrivals / departures worked with the schedule and close enough to the actual time I selected when I booked.
Comms is a bit weak, they could improve that a little but travel was fine in the end.

The trip to/from Les Gets involved a change of bus for both legs (so be prepared to load/unload your own luggage 2x each way).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy