Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dropping skis at Manchester Airport with easyjet

Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

What had happened to me today at Manchester Airport flying with easyjet.

Want to drop my ski bag and ski boots at automatic service station in easyjet zone.

So , printed the first tag for ski bag successfully, hevewer it never weighted the ski bag and assumed its 17 kg!
Now, when printing the tag for the boots, it complains that I exceeded the limit of 3kg! Obviously my boots and the bag is more than 3kg, despite its freetourung lightweight boots.

So the problem is that it automatically assumes that skibag is 17 kg and boots are 3kg. That's obviously completely off, majority of boots going to be more than 3kg, except some lightweight touring carbon boots.

I never had this problem before, I've been flying from Manchester in December, looks like something new. Just be aware.

Hopefully easyjet will fix that as this is completely wrong assumption. In my particular case the ski bag was 14 kg, and I left 5kg for the boots bag.

Cheers Ed
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I asked for assistance, explained the problem, but they never get it, so I'm saying, OK let put boots in the ski bag, but they said as I already printed the tag, I'm not allowed to add anything to the ski bag. So I get nothing from this and I been pointed to manned desk.

At the desk, lady saying that I'm NOT allowed to have 2 pieces, I been trying to explain that in fact I'm allowed ski and skiboots as separate items, and I always been flying, but no luck . I've been explaining essential of the problem but it never received understanding. I was in luck, as I has speedy boarding and allowed to have one additional item, this somehow helped.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did you book two pieces of luggage? Easyjet is quite clear on their booking site, you don't get anything for free. Pay for one, one is all you get.

Learn to read the booking conditions better next time. Easyjet may have their faults, but the policy and prices for baggage is really very clearly stated, no excuse for not understanding it.

And what gave you the idea that you were allowed "ski and skiboots as separate items" anyway? The fact that some other airlines accept sports equipment for 'free' and/or that they simply have a combined weight limit for multiple bags is completely irrelevant.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chaletbeauroc, I think a ski bag and a boot bag (as long as under 20kg) count as a single item.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's clearly specified on easyjet Web site, if you buy 1 sport equipment, you allowed to bring 2 items, ski bag and ski boots, as separate items. The machine understands that, no problem. The problem is that the machine never weights the ski bag and automatically labels it as 17kg allowing only 3 kg ski boots.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ed48, I don’t think it is on the website now (I couldn’t find it anyway - I think it used to be) but their Twitter feed has confirmed you can take skis and boots separately several times in recent weeks.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
Did you book two pieces of luggage? Easyjet is quite clear on their booking site, you don't get anything for free. Pay for one, one is all you get.

Learn to read the booking conditions better next time. Easyjet may have their faults, but the policy and prices for baggage is really very clearly stated, no excuse for not understanding it.

And what gave you the idea that you were allowed "ski and skiboots as separate items" anyway? The fact that some other airlines accept sports equipment for 'free' and/or that they simply have a combined weight limit for multiple bags is completely irrelevant.

Not sure if you intended for your reply to come across as aggressively as it reads to me.

I can't find anywhere it's still expressly stated on their website, but when going through the booking process on the app, there's still a little info bubble on the Sports Equipment section for "Skis & boots" that reads as follows when opened:
Quote:
You can bring skis and/or boots. If bringing both skis and boots you can pack these as separate items.

Which makes sense because some skis go in bags that boots can't fit in.

So, it appears as though you're the one who's made an incorrect assumption about what Easyjet's policy is, not @ed48.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was awhile ago but when I booked ski carriage with EJ it allowed 1 ski bag AND 1 boot bag. I also confirmed that via chat and printed that out in case of any issues, but no questions at either Gatwick or Geneva.

The only thing to be careful of was when checking in bags at Gatwick self-service was, despite allowing two bags, the machine had an option to check-in either a “Ski-bag” or Ski-bag with boots”. If you picked the first you only got one bag tag then had to see a fix and get two tags.

I don’t think you could weigh the ski bag at the self check in, they weighed it at oversized.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

Boots and skis in separate bags is absolutely fine on EJ. The two may add up to no more than 20kg together.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just back from an Easyjet flight from/to Gatwick, skis and boots went as separate items, no weighing necessary at self-service bag drop. Get tag for ski bag, navigate back and select sports equipment again and you'll get another tag for boot bag (which goes on belt, skis to oversize luggage drop).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from Tignes (EasyJet)

Snowboard and separate boot bag from Manchester. Not even questioned.

Absolutely adamantly refused on the way back. I got fully Karen about it, but despite a kick off they wouldn’t budge. Wanted £65 for extra bag on the Geneva side.

Fortunately managed to fit it in other luggage but worth knowing.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
downinja wrote:

Absolutely adamantly refused on the way back. I got fully Karen about it, but despite a kick off they wouldn’t budge. Wanted £65 for extra bag on the Geneva side.

Ironically I had pretty much the opposite experience as you last year.

All sorts of problems flying out of Brum despite having snowboard bag on my booking and free "hands free" carry-on. Could see the snowboard bag, but couldn't apply it, so made me pay again.

No such problems at Geneva where agent could see my snowboard bag on my booking and said I could check my other bag as a boot bag.

For the record, I've never thought snowboarders had the option of a separate boot bag like skiers do, so was really surprised the agent was willing to do it.

Do you know what the combined weight of your snowboard and boot bag was?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

Harsh response. "Learn to read etc etc..." Shocked No need for it IMO, - especially as you are wrong....

My mate has been allowed to check in his ski bag AND a separate ski boot bag on several Easyjet flights when travelling with me, after booking and paying for (as per the EJ website description) "skis and/or boots." No questions asked.

And as other learned readers have pointed out, Easyjet's website may well have given him the idea - as it states that it's permissible to check in 2 separate bags wink.

See below:-

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
downinja wrote:

You could have worn your snowboard boots and squeezed your shoes elsewhere Toofy Grin.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bergmeister wrote:
downinja wrote:

You could have worn your snowboard boots and squeezed your shoes elsewhere Toofy Grin.

We've done this before Laughing
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
downinja wrote:

I'm 6'2 with size 12 boots. Have you seen the leg room on EasyJet!

Got on to EasyJet chat this morning and they say you can't have more than one bag with a snowboard. I'm booking skis and boots next time because that clearly says you can pack them separate which is obviously discrimination! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy