Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time skiing in 30 years!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What a rollercoaster of emotions.

Skiing in Avoriaz. First thing was the Super Morzine gondola, the first 5 seconds where pretty scary then I settled in fine. As for skiing, it was pretty nerve racking for the first 20 seconds than I just went for it and low and behold it was almost like I'd never had a break. I think I was skiing with a straight ski style, I was slightly lifting one leg and turning on one ski, it worked pretty decently but I'm not sure that how your meant to ski on these new short skis. It got me through the day though. I quickly got bored of green runs and moved onto blue which were slightly challenging.

There was a poma with a hell of a double kick after getting on I really wasn't expecting it, I managed to stay on after the initially kick but got through off after the unsuspected second kick a few seconds later. I'll know for the next time.

Physically I was ok until about the last half hour as my quads were starting to burn a bit throwing my turns off.

Overall I'm glad I went and it wasn't really that difficult but all the unknowns such as could I still ski or would I be fit enough were pretty stressful.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ram80, you just won’t have to leave it as long before your next trip
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent! How much had you done before? At least a couple of weeks by the sounds of it.

If you don’t want to pay for lessons, try to find a few YouTube vids where someone contrasts the old style with the new style so you can see how you should change to get the best skiing with the least effort. It’s all about efficiency.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy