Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl : Beer on the piste before heading home

Poster: A snowHead
Will be skiing Ischgl for first time in a couple of weeks. Our group usually have a traditional end of day beer on the piste before the final home run. The closer to the end of the run the better. I see that the home run is 1 and 1A but the bars seem to be quite high up. Are there any little places on the way down?

Cheers!
Allstar
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just wait until you get to the bottom like a sane person that way you trade a bad decision for a less bad one.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stevesie, Maybe they're making a video for YouTube? Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uHIhDA_FwZw
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Radler on the piste

Beers at the base

Simples
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have one high up at the end that way the pistes are quieter. If you go at the usual time the runs home are mobbed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Paznauner Thaya is the main apres place for beers before last run, it is a fair way back but closes at 4pm to avoid carnage. Only a short ski down to middle station though and I'd recommend downloading from there if busy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://paznauner-taja.at/en/ though it is a little way to get back though easy ski to mid station of the gondola. The runs down from the mid station can be pretty tricky late in the day. Nothing like the Moserwirt at St Anton (perhaps fortunately) where you can just about slide home.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If it's just one end-of-day beer then either Paznauner or Idalp - but Ischgl takes its apres ski much more seriously than trying to combine drinking and skiing and is much more about skiing back to town...and straight into a bar (though popping home to stow the kit and grab a shower/change is also common).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@drude, You'll be fine for a beer in the apres place mentioned above in January.

Later it the season it can become very rowdy / reckless and is best avoided.

The home runs are somw of the best in resort, so lap them in the morning while they're empty
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Home runs are carnage at 16:00, so grap a beer at idalp, download with lift, and leave the home run for the morning, where it’s a actually a really good run.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
drude wrote:
Will be skiing Ischgl for first time in a couple of weeks. Our group usually have a traditional end of day beer on the piste before the final home run. The closer to the end of the run the better. I see that the home run is 1 and 1A but the bars seem to be quite high up. Are there any little places on the way down?

Cheers!
Allstar

So you are one of those persons, who drives up insurance rates that are paid for by responsible adults?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Onnem wrote:
drude wrote:

Cheers!
Allstar

So you are one of those persons, who drives up insurance rates that are paid for by responsible adults?

There is a beer and many beers, having a single beer at the end of the day (or lunch) is not unreasonable (probably a lot less so than skiing over 100 km / hr on an open piste)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the input. Really helpful especially the info on busy nature of home runs. And yes it is just one beer. We’re far too old for all that partying malarkey!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If it's just "gentlemen of a certain age" looking for a "sundowner" beer, not trying to go all St Anton Moserwirt/Krazy Kangaroo or French Folie Douce, then up the hill I'd probably go for Idalp or maybe try up in the Pardorama restaurant (Paznauner Thaya tends to be a little younger vibe/everyone standing up - the others have seats).

Though I'd still not bother and just get back into town and settle into one of the bars in town.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's nothing lower down.
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
If it's just "gentlemen of a certain age" looking for a "sundowner" beer, not trying to go all St Anton Moserwirt/Krazy Kangaroo or French Folie Douce, then up the hill I'd probably go for Idalp or maybe try up in the Pardorama restaurant (Paznauner Thaya tends to be a little younger vibe/everyone standing up - the others have seats).

Though I'd still not bother and just get back into town and settle into one of the bars in town.

Seconding the Pardorama.....(but not the very smokey glass house just inside the entrance)...grab a beer from the self service and take a load off, they'll kick you out at about 4:15 ....hang on outside till 4:30 THEN ski down.

It's lovely.....
snow report
I often used to have a drink at Pardorama till kicking out time, it was then quite pleasantly quiet to ski down.
snow report
Mjit wrote:

The Paznauner Thaya is generally carnage from 2.30pm, huge crowds of youngish blokes with the music cranked up to the max. By 3pm the whole mountainside is shaking, you can hear it from miles away on a calm day. If you're just after a quiet one before the last run then Idalp is best. And downloading on the gondola at that time is even better (to avoid all those skiers who've been in the aforesaid Paznauner Thaya since 2.30 ...)
snow conditions
MontyP wrote:
Mjit wrote:

The Paznauner Thaya is generally carnage from 2.30pm, huge crowds of youngish blokes with the music cranked up to the max. By 3pm the whole mountainside is shaking, you can hear it from miles away on a calm day. If you're just after a quiet one before the last run then Idalp is best. And downloading on the gondola at that time is even better (to avoid all those skiers who've been in the aforesaid Paznauner Thaya since 2.30 ...)

I've found more and more over the years the Paznauner Thaya folk tend to ski down to village directly from there (God knows why....drag lift on the flat anyone???) because the last lift to get the revelers back to above Hollboden is too early for them so they tend to stay on and the real carnage run home is on Red 37 to Red 1.

I'll take the Pardorama beer home run any day.
ski holidays
I have to say I don't think I've ever seen drunk skiers causing issues on the home runs. Blue skiers with knackered legs who are determined to ski home getting taken out by either mogles higher up or sheet ice lower down (and I know I was one back in the day), yes, but not drunk people. Maybe we're always skiing down too early for the drunks - but then we're more "coffee and cake" than "beer" to end the ski day" Smile
snow conditions
Mjit wrote:
I have to say I don't think I've ever seen drunk skiers causing issues on the home runs. Blue skiers with knackered legs who are determined to ski home getting taken out by either mogles higher up or sheet ice lower down (and I know I was one back in the day), yes, but not drunk people. Maybe we're always skiing down too early for the drunks - but then we're more "coffee and cake" than "beer" to end the ski day" Smile

I've seen a few over the years in Ischgl. But they are easy enough to avoid. just take the lower left route about 200m after you leave the Paznaun Taja resturant.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy