Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kappl & See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are Kappl and See worth spending a day each visiting from Ischgl?

If so, any mountain restaurant recommendations please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don’t worry, I’ve managed to use the search function. Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes absolutely.

The best restaurant in See (for me anyway) is Ascher hut. Cash only.
Kappl my preferred are AlmStuberl and Tiroller Hutte
Both have some great runs on the piste, side piste, and off piste. as well a enjoyable runs back to the valley, It's worth doing the valley runs early in the morning.

There is a really great off-piste run under the new Furglerblick lift in See, turn left as you get out of the gondola, ski left under the top station, and across to the gully over the slight ridge, and into a powder paradise (this is a steep off-piste area), as you exit the gully stay left and ski down under the lift to the piste. Was absolutely stacked with powder all the way down in January, just brilliant.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey guys. Off to Ischgl next weekend by car, staying Kappl. Haven’t been for 15 years, any apres recommendations? Happy Hour? How much is a beer out there these days?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kappl and See are both excellent Very Happy

- Huge vertical at Kappl. Lovely ski area.
- Great, steep black run back to top of the access gondola at See. Lovely cruising runs and itinerary routes (served by newish gondola) over the back of the mountain - feels like very remote skiing. Nice mountain restaurant over there too.

Galtür is worth a trip too - lovely cruising runs down to a reservoir over the back. And some nice mountain restaurants.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict wrote:

Galtür is worth a trip too - lovely cruising runs down to a reservoir over the back. And some nice mountain restaurants.

Some recommendations please?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andy@wordbird.net wrote:
Hey guys. Off to Ischgl next weekend by car, staying Kappl. Haven’t been for 15 years, any apres recommendations? Happy Hour? How much is a beer out there these days?

Please keep us updated about the snow in Kappl.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What’s the price of a beer out there these days?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bob, thanks for the recommendations, notes taken.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Kramer will do. Skiing there next Sunday assuming the travel goes ok! Eh oh!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Some recommendations please?
Only spent a day there in Jan 2021! Sorry - I didn't make any notes wink Had lovely goulash soup outside a nice mountain restaurant on the main face of the mountain.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have skied Kappl a fair bit.

Personal opinion is that it is great in good snow but can suffer sometimes due to its predominantly south facing slopes.

Galtur usually has excellent snow, often the best in the area. I haven't skied See.
I have eaten well in Kappl and Galtur but my memory for restaurant names is non-existant.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andy@wordbird.net wrote:
@Kramer will do. Skiing there next Sunday assuming the travel goes ok! Eh oh!

Any news about the snow conditions?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
if the weather / snow is ok, then definitely YES
lovely restaurant in Kapple this with the sheep head .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kappl

ReCycling

This summer ... finally renewing its Diasbahn Gondola (Car Park to Hill)

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/c-wirtschaft/erneuerung-der-diasbahn-in-kappl-nimmt-formen-an_a6480349

It is not actually new .. Its coming from Mannheim Federal Horticultural Show (BUGA Bahn)

http://youtube.com/v/bOUcejxvFsM?

It is currently being dismantled

https://www.swr.de/swraktuell/baden-wuerttemberg/mannheim/abbau-buga-seilbahn-mannheim-100.html

Incidentally, the Mannheim cable car had already been in use once before that at the Floriade Expo 2022 in Almere in the Netherlands.

http://youtube.com/v/-p0NoN1BgXg?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy