Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada - Skiing and Beach on the same day

Poster: A snowHead
So, I've come up with a plan. It's the kind of idiotic escapade that I like to get up to. They usually come off-ish and are quite fun; let me know if you think this might be good/do-able.

Day 1: Fly (UK) to Granada and drive to Sierra Nevada, pick up ski equipment etc. Quick ski if time.

Day 2: Ski

Day 3: Early ski, then return equipment and drive to coast (Salobrena has been recommd by a long-time Andalusian resident friend), swim in Med.

Celebrate completion of idiotic and meaningless double achievement of Ski and Beach on same day.

Day 4: Return to Granada to meet old friend if available. Stay over - magnificent city in any season.

Day 5; Fly home.

Any thoughts/knowledge/experience would be welcomed.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there ,done that Smile although we only went down to the beach (playa granada) 'cos the lifts were shut due to high winds. Perfectly feasible. Breakfast in Borreguiles and afternoon BBQ on the beach. It's about an 1hr 30mins drive if you don't get caught on the mountain road . Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Tricky38H, Sounds like a fun trip, and should be eminently doable. I managed similar in the Eastern Pyrenees years ago - skied in fresh and deep snow in the morning at Puigmal, drank a cold beer on the beach in Sitges that evening. Weird but wonderful.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been done a million times before.

Ski on the beach.

That's less common.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds ace...yes, I'm on for this trip...even if it,s solo!

Have got one friend semi interested, but he'll bottle it.

Still...will have my friend in Granada...

Have been to Sitges, actually - interesting experience there...

Vamos a la playa - y la montana!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
prometheus wrote:
Been there ,done that Smile although we only went down to the beach (playa granada) 'cos the lifts were shut due to high winds. Perfectly feasible. Breakfast in Borreguiles and afternoon BBQ on the beach. It's about an 1hr 30mins drive if you don't get caught on the mountain road . Enjoy.

So, the actual resort - is Borreguiles the place to stay?

Just looking on AirBnb.

Any intel about the actual place would be gratefully received

The plan would be to stay right close to the lifts, so we can get 2/3 hours in, then return ski gear and drive down to the coast...Should be a quiet midweek, so cheaper, quieter, easier drive...hopefully....!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tricky38HPradollano is where the main hotels and accomodation are and ski hire , then you travel up to Borreguiles by cable car where the mid ski station is , you can ski from the top of the mountain down to Pradollano by the river run .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@prometheus,

Good info...thanks so much for your help.

As you can probably tell, i'm not a massive skier and ive not been on these boards much, so i really appreciate it - there's not much i can give in return atm, but in the future, maybe.

In fact i've not been skiing since the notorious half term in Feb 2020...let's hope my trip this time doesn't result in glabal catastrophe again.... Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sure it's doable. But to be a buzzkill, I'm not sure it's a great use of time, probably more fun to just spend the day skiing than drive to go swim in a very cold sea.

Mzar resort in Lebanon is kind of famous for this. As the fly crows think it's only like 10miles to the med.

Fairly common in Norway to ski all the way down to the sea in places like lofoten and Lyngen. Bit chilly for a swim though snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One time I'd been skiing at Mammoth ski area in California, then left after some skiing in the morning on the last day in Mammoth then drove a few hours to Death Valley. By the evening I was relaxing in a very warm swimming pool at Furnace Creek Ranch hotel, quite a contrast in temperatures in one day! Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@boarder2020,

Oh, absolutely,,,totally agree - but, as i say, i love madcap idiotic adventures doing silly things

i recently summoned my son on an 80 mile round trip just to have lunch at the pub where paul mcartney shot the video for simply having a wonderful christmastime

naturally, we recreated some of the shots...

good info though - and the swim absolutely has to be part of it...proper skiing, not just being there and proper swimming...straight out the car, onto the beach, in the sea...no standing up, just swimming.

then ive got a lovely lunch recommendation and i'll get an airbnb over the road that i can check into still soaking wet.

pointless idiocy. some people do triathlons and stuff, i do that...

i'm excited!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There was a small place we skied in Japan where the piste ran down to a carport that was also the beach carport.

Absolutely freezing though so a ski and swim would only have been for the total nut jobs.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Alastair Pink,

nice...been to DV too. i can confirm that it's defintiely hot.

my biggest temp change was a few years ago taking off from LHR in Feb when it was well below zero and landing in Santiago de Chile when it was up in the 30s...a nice bit of winter sun and then some

talking to a friend of mine in Melbourne the other day and i still cant get over that its summertime down there now. Blows my mind every time.. snowHead too
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rungsp,

Total nutjobs, eh?

Tbh, this might be the death of me when I jump into a freezing cold Med.

But what a way to go!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We stayed in a lovely villa in Salobrena at the beginning of June. I think the beach area will be very quiet as even at that time it was still off season and alot of restaurants were either fully closed or only opened on select days. However we found that the restaurant right on the beach - El Penon - that was built into the rocks that jut out to sea was really nice even though TripAdvisor reviews said otherwise and we were also really impressed with La Roka in the old town especially for the views from their terrace on the cliff edge overlooking the sea. The local cheese board was superb from there.
latest report
I do it all the time in Nz. Easy. In spring with an early start I can often get a morning of pow off the lifts, an afternoon tour and evening surf at home.

I live right at the beach and can be on a “lift” (usually a rope tow) at 7 ski areas within two hours.

It’s tough on the legs.

I’ve also managed a dawnie surf, 7 heli ski runs and a surf in the evening and got a couple of nice barrels Very Happy That was a good day
snow report
Think it's fair to say that @hang11, has won this competition.

Presumably this type of combo can be achieved easily in Cyprus too.
latest report
@mikeycharlton, This is where I live

Ski fields are all on the mountain range in the background. It’s a nice setup for someone who avoids working too much Very Happy

latest report
Quote:
This is where I live
Looks awful @hang11 Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy