Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

seeking accommodation in Sauze

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to cobble together a cheapish trip to Sauze D'Oulx for late feb/early march and am struggling to find a modestly priced single room.
Can anyone recommend a small B&B or inn that might be worth trying ? pretty well all I can find is through the larger booking sites, and I'm sure there must be other options , just not sure where to look.
I do realise that this is high season, but still living in hope ......
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Hotel Assietta, its right in the main street and where the home piste comes down into village centre.

Also Sayonara just a hundred metres away, stayed some time ago and family run, basic but clean quite and perfectly fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I love the Stella Alpina (not on all the booking sites, you need to contact them directly). Not the cheapest, but certainly good value. Great food and a lovely bar, and really comfortable rooms. And you can't beat the location!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great, thanks@ski3, and@WoottonBecs, I'll give them a try
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@nickH, the Stella Alpina only has one single room so late feb/march 2025 may be more feasible
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@red 27, thanks, noted. This is just a casual attempt at a fairly short notice trip. If it doesn’t materialise I'll probably try and book early for next year
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A slight twist - stay in Oulx? Some good value rooms on airbnb. Could allow easier access to Cesana and Montgenevre if the conditions in Sauze are not so good?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nickH You could try asking these people - might be able to point you somewhere ?

https://www.sauzeonline.com/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed in the Hotel Gran Baita a few years ago https://www.granbaitasauze.it/ (2006 so it was quite a while ago). A nice hotel (not luxury but a good standard). It's a little bit of a stroll to the Clotes lift (about 10 mins in ski boots) but handy for bars and restaurants. Available on Booking.com or through some of the tour operators.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could try Chalet chez Nous in Jouvanceau - a 5 minute walk from the lift.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone for your replies, will check them all out
.@ado, As I'm somewhat aged and decidedly lazy I like the idea of being within easy reach of the lifts, bars and restaurants Etc. I'll also be relying on public transport, but will certainly have a look at oulx and see how that might work
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@nickH, I believe @Scampi knows Sauze pretty well, so may be worth dropping her a PM.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers@sugarmoma666,
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nickH this is Scampi here- using husband’s computer. Best to try the booking sites- hotels.com, AirbnB etc.
I had a friend come out last year, she was looking for a cheap single too. About two week before a room became available on AirBnB. I think owners may hang on until they know whether they’re going to use their place themselves or not. Look at a Monday to Friday trip and avoid the weekends when it’s busy. Also consider looking at places in Oulx. There’s buses running up to Sauze and it only takes around 15mins.
I’ll be the SCGB rep in Sauze 18 Feb - 2 March.
If you find anything and want to check location with me first do drop me a line.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy