Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Air....I know this has been done.

Poster: A snowHead
But what's the procedure for adding your skis to your booking.....and are they really free??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dazman, they are really free if you have a ticket that includes a hold bag - you get the bag and the skis. You don't need to book them...unless you are on a lufthansa code share flight. You have to phone lufthansa. if its a Swiss flight operated by Swiss you just turn up with them
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely....on the Swiss Air app it says "reservation required" and it's got a Dublin number, I'll call and see.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Uh-oh....the Swiss Air app is "down" and their call center is in meltdown.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dazman, oh thats new! Another one going that way without a decent mechanism to do it.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 10-01-24 14:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dazman, unfortunately that is all too common at the moment (Swiss is effectively Lufthansa with a different badge). Best leave it for 24 hours and hope whatever the issue is sorts itself. You could also try at a "quiet" time, late at night etc to see if the system is coping better.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dazman, try this link https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/prepare/baggage/sports-equipment/register-sports-baggage
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So I got through to the call center and ashamedly I couldn't understand a word the poor girl was saying and had to terminate the call....so some help guys if you can.

@holidayloverxx, @munich_irish, We booked the "Economy Classic" fare (23Kg bags & Allocated seats) - the website says we DON'T need to register our ski gear.

"1 set of skiing or snowboard equipment may be carried free of charge on SWISS flights and does not have to be registered (excluding Light fares)"

So just rock up to Dublin Airport, get them tagged at the check-in desk and put them through the oversize??

Sounds waaaay too easy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dazman, I would read this https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/prepare/baggage/sports-equipment if I were you. It does say it should be free but it does recommend fill in their form otherwise they cant guarantee your skis will be loaded. The call centre is often useless for these sort of things, I once had a stupid call where the person on the other end was insisting "pets in cabin" was not allowed at Munich airport (which I knew to be wrong), I gave up and talked to the ticket desk next time I was at the airport to make the booking.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dazman wrote:
Lovely....on the Swiss Air app it says "reservation required"...............

Yes it does, I rang them last week on that very point (on a Swiss number) and they told me they were already booked on; I hadn't done that.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

So just rock up to Dublin Airport, get them tagged at the check-in desk and put them through the oversize??

Yes. It really is that easy. Fill in their online form of you want, but little point ringing them as they'll just tell you that you don't need to ring.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quick update...called them again last night and then very nice girl took all my details, asked me a few of the usual questions about weight and length of the bag (oo-err!) and then mailed me back updated tickets with "SPORTS EQUIPMENT" added to the "SWISS Choice/Services" section.

BTW - Does free ski carriage apply to every ticket you book?? (in other words...the Wife, if she wanted to bring her own ski bag instead of lumping them in with mine??)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dazman wrote:
BTW - Does free ski carriage apply to every ticket you book?? (in other words...the Wife, if she wanted to bring her own ski bag instead of lumping them in with mine??)

Yes, if the ticket class booked allows it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm a bit confused by the wording on thier site, it seemed a bit ambiguous to me?

Can I take 23kg + my ski bag or is it 23kg including including the ski bag?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
king key wrote:
I'm a bit confused by the wording on thier site, it seemed a bit ambiguous to me?

23kg + your ski bag.
snow conditions
Super. Very Happy
latest report
It’s definitely 23kg + ski bag and you don’t need to book it.
ski holidays
king key wrote:

Lots of folk saying you don't need to book it, but I've never travelled to ski holiday with them before so for peace of mind I just called them and they resent my tickets....you should do the same.

And then when you go (or when I go in two weeks) I'll ask at the desk and know better for March.

Simple.
ski holidays
I've used Swiss loads of times ( maybe Cool and never needed to book my skis, I just turned up at the airport.

BUT! This year as I was booking it said I needed to pre-book my skis so I did. I got an email saying I have 23kg for skis too. So 23kg + 23kg
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy