Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teaching Family members to ski in Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all,

So quick question, looking to simple find out if it's ok to teach family members how to ski in Soldeu when we go away in mid-march. I used to be a BASI level 2, however I never did a refresher course and it expired around 10 years ago.

Just looking to find out if anyone know if there is any resorts/ski area policies in place against teaching family members. I know there was in a few ski resorts in France back in the day, but I just want to double check to avoid getting my lift pass taken off.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I know there was in a few ski resorts in France back in the day

There has never been any problem with teaching friends or family members in France - of course you can teach your family members to ski. But don't go wearing your BASI badges!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Origen wrote:
Quote:

I know there was in a few ski resorts in France back in the day

There has never been any problem with teaching friends or family members in France - of course you can teach your family members to ski. But don't go wearing your BASI badges!

Funny enough I only found that the other day, last year I found my book that I also got when I passed.

Yeah it was in Val D'Isere around 14 or so years ago, so maybe it was stressed in the wrong way.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Someone who DOES have valid current instructor qualifications might be a bit wary of being seen to be teaching. But any old Dad or Mum or Big Sister can teach their family and friends to ski. People do it all the time. Even though it would probably be wiser to send them to a proper ski school.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Someone who DOES have valid current instructor qualifications might be a bit wary of being seen to be teaching. But any old Dad or Mum or Big Sister can teach their family and friends to ski. People do it all the time. Even though it would probably be wiser to send them to a proper ski school.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Theobane, there’s a monopoly on ski instructing in Andorra. The ski schools in each resort are owned by the lift company. Whilst technically there are two companies, they all operate under the same umbrella company (kind of!). However, it really shouldn’t be a problem with instructing family members. You probably don’t want them all following behind you in a snake or all stood in a line whilst you stand opposite them giving instructions but just helping them and giving them tips won’t be a problem.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hammerite wrote:
@Theobane, there’s a monopoly on ski instructing in Andorra. The ski schools in each resort are owned by the lift company. Whilst technically there are two companies, they all operate under the same umbrella company (kind of!). However, it really shouldn’t be a problem with instructing family members. You probably don’t want them all following behind you in a snake or all stood in a line whilst you stand opposite them giving instructions but just helping them and giving them tips won’t be a problem.

Thanks for that @hammerite. Handy to know.

I am hoping to get them brought up to plough turns at least before go, if they are that level then I can give "tips" and guide them a little less obvious.

@Origen, yeah it would be handy if they did as I would have time to fly around. However, since they all know I am a instructor they go "sure we can just go for lessons with you, you were an instructor". I also thought my wife how to ski so they are thinking they could get the same treatment lol
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy