Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Add this to the helmet (non)debate

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/CYcyRdKrSMk

Lucky if he didn’t break his neck too. Would the person crashing into him be at fault here? Excessive speed perhaps, though they may have gained speed sliding a long way after a simple fall?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Downhill skier should have looked up the slope behind him and jumped out of the way Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Downhill skier shouldn't have been wearing yellow. It makes you far too obvious as a target.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve seen that on Insta. It doesn’t look like a particularly steep slope so I don’t see how he would have gained that speed post falling. I’d say it was reckless skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure this is a "Why you don't take pictures on a ski slope" lesson, more a "Why you should always keep an eye out above you when stopped on a ski slope". I mean not like anything at all would have been significantly different had he been; answering a phone call, checking the piste map, just stopped on skis waiting for a friend, stood at the side of the slope (if the crashing skier behind had also been at the side of the slope), etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't stop in the middle of a piste!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There appears two helmets here: the guy standing smack in the middle of a ski slope taking no notice of what is going on above them and someone losing it so bad they can't self arrest and hurtle down a slope at a rate of knots.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sssttrrrrriiiiikkkkeeee
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:
There appears two helmets here: the guy standing smack in the middle of a ski slope taking no notice of what is going on above them and someone losing it so bad they can't self arrest and hurtle down a slope at a rate of knots.

I would go so far as to say 3 helmets.

The chubby boarder who stopped to have his photo taken in the middle of a piste (ffs), obviously the goon who cant control his speed, and the boarders mate taking the photo who - having said "aye, I will take a photo of you standing in the middle of a piste" might have had the good sense to watch up the slope, just in case.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Even if the yellow jacketed guy had just been proceeding slowly down the slope, in complete control he could have been taken out by that missile. To me the lesson is "bad things can happen on a ski slope when people fall and whizz down out of control". But we knew that, didn't we? It's the kind of reason why I would always take a gondola down at the fraught end of a busy day when lots of idiots are determine to do the manly thing and ski down (e.g.) Le Face.

But we are all potential targets - my 11 year old niece was knocked over when she was stationary in a lift queue at Christmas. Not hurt, thankfully, but very shaken.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DJL wrote:

Agreed but it is still the uphill skier's fault (or the snowboarder filming Wink )
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The pin was thoughtless. The ball was reckless.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A strange place to practice backwards flips.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
euanovsky wrote:
DJL wrote:

Agreed but it is still the uphill skier's fault (or the snowboarder filming Wink )

How do you know the falling skier wasn’t knocked over by another skier through no fault of theirs? The rule of looking up slope before setting off after a stop applies just as much to posing for photos
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
It's the kind of reason why I would always take a gondola down at the fraught end of a busy day when lots of idiots are determine to do the manly thing and ski down (e.g.) Le Face
Wow Shocked I always ski down the home run at the end of the day, wherever I happen to be - but never considered that doing so could be considered by others as anything to do with idiocy or proving masculinity. I'm always accompanied by Mrs MA when doing so, but have never discussed her rationale for it. However, she's always considered herself quite feminine wink
latest report
You have just watched skiing.exe reboot. Boarders should be sitting in the middle of the piste.
snow report
On the rocks wrote:
How do you know the falling skier wasn’t knocked over by another skier through no fault of theirs? The rule of looking up slope before setting off after a stop applies just as much to posing for photos

I would still argue it's the falling skier's fault. The skier is falling at a very high speed on a piste doesn't look that steep from the clip. You have to have the ability to slow down and stop. I thought there was another clip recently (within the last year or so) showing a skier on a drag lift, fell and took out a few other people on the drag lift coming up. The skier in question got into trouble for endangering other people. I can't quite remember if they got charged at the end.
snow conditions
Looking at the video again I'm surprised that nobody else has pointed out the obvious - the falling skier appeared ftom nowhere, there was no sight of him descending, so there was clearly a portal of some sort from where he actually fell over and this piste, which spat him out at speed just a few metres behind the poser. #

NAH.
snow report
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
Looking at the video again I'm surprised that nobody else has pointed out the obvious - the falling skier appeared ftom nowhere, there was no sight of him descending, so there was clearly a portal of some sort from where he actually fell over and this piste, which spat him out at speed just a few metres behind the poser. #

NAH.

Probably a "Flume" exit direct from a Folie Douche (douche for comedy emphasis Very Happy) that's any FD direct to mid lower piste location Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy