Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes village transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're looking at going to Tignes in March at the same time that our daughter will be there on a Uni trip. However, she's not had much luck finding out where they are actually staying and "Tignes" covers a multitude of sins.

We're keen to book something up, so were thinking of doing "our usual" and getting somewhere in Val Claret.

Q. If we do this, how easy is it to get between the various resorts (possibly as far down as Brevieres) in the evening?

i.e. If we wanted to meet her in the evening for dinner, then is this likely to be do-able, or should we just assume the occasional lunch?

LR
PS I know she won't want to spend a lot of time with the fossils, but a free meal is a free meal wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This should give you the info you need. The buses are reasonably frequent and work well around the higher Tignes villages. Chocksaway's answer below is more informed re the lower villages.

https://en.tignes.net/resort-guide/free-shuttles

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 11-12-23 20:09; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It’s difficult to get to Brevieres in the evening, sometimes the gondola from Boisses runs, sometimes it doesn’t. There is a Nanette to Boisses through the evening.

However, I don’t know of a uni trip that hasn’t been accommodated in Val Claret with perhaps some spillover into Lac, simply cos that’s where the cheaper and basic accom is. So you can whizz around on the free navettes to your hearts content.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the really speedy responses. Once again this place has come up trumps.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LittleRob, does she actually want you in the resort at the same time? Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@swskier I think her response was along the lines of "you can buy me lunch" wink I'm under no illusions as to how much time we'll actually spend together.

TBF, even when we ski together, we don't really ski together. Both kids are *way* faster, but so it goes.

Rob
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LittleRob, I would imagine that the Uni trip would be in Val Claret or or Le Lac, and the buses run throughout the night, so you should be fine to all meet up. Plus, if you needed to, it doesn't take too long to walk between the two.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd be very surprised if they were in Brev or Boisses. My guess would be VC. Perhaps you'd want to book away from VC!
Who has she asked - the Uni ski club or the company they are travelling with?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bit of a thread resurrection but, having just booked place for a week in Val Claret I see that, since the last time we were there, most of the big outdoor carpark is now a club-med. So, what's the parking like now?

I can book the Golf for a week (for ~117 Euros allowing for the time we're likely to arrive) but will need to move the car a few times (i.e. Park, ski for a day, move car to apartment, unpack, re-park car. Plus repeat at the end).

Or do I chance it, and rock up at whatever is left of the Grand Motte carpark?

LR
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wouldn’t chance it and it’s often full and I don’t think there’s a discount for the GM carpark. If it snows then you won’t end up spending hours digging or have a scratched car.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy