Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine - Recommendations and tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Flaine on Sunday with my 10 y/o son. I visited Flaine about 15 years ago so have a vague recollection of what the skiiing has to offer. Its my son's first time skiing so am hoping to make it a trip to remember for him. He has lessons in the am, so will get him up higher in the afternoon for a bit of an explore.

Besides the skiing, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for other fun activities in the village for a 10y/o boy - tobogganing etc? Also, any recommendations for kid friendly pubs and restaurants for lunch/dinner.

The snow looks to be great which is an added bonus. Thanks in advance. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure all the restaurants and bars would be kid friendly! Have a good time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Peter Griffin, hi there. Heading there myself for the first time on the 13th. I can’t offer any direct advice myself but there’s a fair bit of discussion about the resort and specifically good runs in this topic. I’m sure you could ask there as we’ve all drifted away from the OG post.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=166470
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Peter Griffin, I've not been to Flaine with my kids, but i recall a lot going on for little ones down in Forum. (My last trip 2019, so things may have moved on!)

The White Pub can get lively later on, but for early apres they have tables you can order food.

Across the way are a couple of restaurants, I've always had to book in advance but they do good, well priced food (keep an eye out for the 'tartipizza'!) and were always full of families.

One thing to watch out for: you can get some great views of Mont Blanc from the top of the Grand Platieres bubble and its a blue all the way down if your son gets to that level

BUT...!!

Its flat and exposed coming off the top and if windy can be a long, cold, poley slog to get to Serpentine, which he'll probably not enjoy.

My preference is the Tete de Verds lift, then head over to the Perdrix lift, not quite as high but quicker than the bubble and easier at the top.

There was a previous thread on Flaine advice here, a few posts down from the top

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148911
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@EarthWindandWater, thanks. Handy for me too. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flaine was our place for many years, all our ski holidays were there when the kids were little.

The reassuring thing is that it is a true bowl.
ALL runs, all paths, all roads...lead to the base.

Explaining that is comforting to both parents and kids if they are worried about accidental separation.
Just go down, and have an agreed emergency meeting place.

A 10yr old is old enough to understand and take action if it actually happened.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy