Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko or Furano, reasonable priced lodging?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m “stuck” in Hong Kong for about a week, as in the flights back to New York are booked pretty solid. This is actually “usual” for most years, but this year is worse, being the first year Hong Kong is open for travel without restriction since the pandemic lockdown.

(I couldn’t take my originally booked flights due to family medical issues, now sorted)

Rather than continue in vain to hunt for a seat on the earlier flights, I’m contemplating use the down time sneaking in a short trip to Japan.

I’ve been to Furano and Niseko. So I’m incline to go to one of those as I’m pretty stressed out from the family issue that caused me the change, and don’t want to deal with more uncertainties. The places I stayed in previous trips no longer exist. So I’m looking for some place to stay that isn’t going to break the bank.

Walk to slope would be preferred (even if a slightly lengthy one). Bus is acceptable too. Western (sit) style toilet mandatory. Other than that, the rest is gravy. Not looking for any luxury. Just simple, functional place to rest my head at the end of the day.

Appreciate any suggestions.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Niseko Moiwa - Lodge834
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always Niseko was decent and relatively cheap compared to other options. Probably 10-15 mins walk from the lifts. Ramina is an excellent small guesthouse, but probably booked out.

Alternatively, stay in the Grand Park Otaru and use one of the shuttle buses to Kiroro. You'll get much more for your money if you don't mind the bus trip.

Or stay at Asari Classe and be close to the lifts on the small local hill. Had one of my best ski days ever at Asari, its small and the lifts are old, but it skis a bit bigger than you would expect.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm with element

And don't forget Otaru Tenguyama and Sapporo Kokusai
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok, these are places I haven’t been to. I assume it’s straightforward to get to by hopping a bus from Sapporo airport?

Also, I need to hire skis. And I don’t want to spend 1/2 hr each morning doing that at a different mountain. I only want to hire once and use it the rest of my stay. Hence my wish to ski the same mountain, unless I can hire skis near my lodging and return them at the end of my trip.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@abc, Otaru is a sizeable town with good transport links, I would assume there is a train or bus from Sapporo Chitose. From memory I think it was about an hour of a drive. You can rent ski equipment and a locker at Kiroro so you could leave your kit and just catch the bus each morning.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abc wrote:
Ok, these are places I haven’t been to. I assume it’s straightforward to get to by hopping a bus from Sapporo airport?

dunno, it's peak season so you may need to prebook
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/english/travel/airport.html direct train from Chitose Airport to Otaru, looks like they run regularly and can be booked if necessary. Takes just over an hour. That's much quicker, cheaper and easier than getting to Niseko or Furano. The downside is the need for a bus in the morning, but a potential good option as Otaru is more interesting and much better value than Niseko IMO.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@element, is the hotel near the Sapporo bus drop off? (and bus to Kiroro)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@abc, I'm not sure, but from memory there's a train station very close to the Grand Park, and I think the Kiroro shuttle bus stops at the hotel, or at least it did when I stayed there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy