Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Authorities warn people to wear expensive ski jackets in the mountains

Poster: A snowHead
The curse of the 2 Alpes Discos continues, only this time with a happy ending.

At 4am on Wednesday morning a young irish girl clad only in a crop top and mini skirt left one of the Deux Alpes Discos and found herself in the notorious Combe de Venosc far from the hiking path. Despite a huge amount of alcohol in her body (according to journalists but no one seems to have given actual figures) she was able to call 112 but was unable to give the rescue services her position or remember her phone number. Their system didn't show her number so they asked her to hang up and call her dad in Ireland and ask him to call the CRS des Alpes in Grenoble. In a state of some distress he was able to supply the mobile number which enabled the CRS to send an SMS to the girl which she clicked on to identify her location. It was now 7am.

When she was finally rescued she had a mild hypothermia and some superficial bruising due to falls in the woods as she tried to find her way. "We can say it is a Christmas miracle because alone, with little clothing, she would not have survived long" according to the police. "The area is notorious for drunks falling to their deaths so we were really relieved to find her." The authorities warned "it is not because that you are boogying in a night club that you can do out dressed like a slut [are you sure they said that? Ed.], revellers should be clothed for the high mountains, Canada Goose or North Face are a minimum, even Moncler".

The young Irish lady is recovering at Grenoble hospital.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davidof, God, that could have been horrible, but great account! Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing If I'd been out in Hampshire in a vest top and mini skirt I'd definitely not survive the night! I'd be praying for death before 2 am.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

The authorities warned "it is not because that you are boogying in a night club that you can do out dressed like a slut, revellers should be clothed for the high mountains, Canada Goose or North Face are a minimum".

Sounds like it was written by the authorities Nana.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am told that on the Varsity trip you're not allowed into their designated clubs unless you're appropriately dressed for the walk home. That would be a sensible campaign for the resorts' night clubs to join in on.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Top work by the rescue services. One does wonder just how much tax payers money should be prioritised on rescuing people who get drunk and fall down icy cliffs in their knickers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Top work by the rescue services. One does wonder just how much tax payers money should be prioritised on rescuing people who get drunk and fall down icy cliffs in their knickers.
They've got to be rescued, of course, but fines should be imposed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
“At 4am on Wednesday morning”

= breaking? I think this should be clearly marked.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Daily Fail version of the story.......|https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12925453/Miracle-escape-drunk-Irish-woman-19-leaving-French-Alps-nightclub-T-shirt-shorts-getting-lost-forest-sub-zero-temperatures.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Orange200, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
James the Last wrote:
I am told that on the Varsity trip you're not allowed into their designated clubs unless you're appropriately dressed for the walk home. That would be a sensible campaign for the resorts' night clubs to join in on.

Surely they should be checking on the way out.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
James the Last wrote:

But would they be rejected for wearing a cheapo jacket from Lidl?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Laughing If I'd been out in Hampshire in a vest top and mini skirt I'd definitely not survive the night! I'd be praying for death before 2 am.

If I was out in Edinburgh in a vest top and a mini skirt the authorities would be called before 9pm.................... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
String vest and a kilt?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quite a few years ago we were driving to Glencoe on New year's eve, in dense freezing fog we lost the route and ended up driving through the middle of Glasgow at midnight, at minus 10c. I was impressed that the girls walking around in mini-skirts and boob tubes were very sensible, they were carrying coats over their arms - minus 10 and freezing fog obviously wasn't cold enough to actually put the coats on!
ski holidays
Quote:

@pam w, You are assuming that they are wearing knickers
snow conditions
Yes, I know. I'm so naive, @johnE.
snow report
In NZ you get one drunk ambulance ride and a+e attendance. You get get an itemized bill (couple of grand as I recall) and told next time it’s on you.

This seems fair. Everyone makes mistakes, but twice is careless.
snow conditions
Some classic responses on here! Laughing

I've been aghast in Tignes and Val Thorens to see student pyjama parties roaming the streets in temperatures of -10C and below. Naturally they were UK students. Makes you proud... wink
latest report
mountainaddict wrote:
Makes you proud... wink

French TV news getting its knickers in a bunch about temperatures maybe reaching 0 degrees on Tuesday in some towns... like it's winter ! They've gone soft with globalwarming. 30 years ago you'd get -20C in winter in Grenoble.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:
Makes you proud... wink

French TV news getting its knickers in a bunch about temperatures maybe reaching 0 degrees on Tuesday in some towns... like it's winter ! They've gone soft with globalwarming. 30 years ago you'd get -20C in winter in Grenoble.

And tomorrow in Sunderland it'll be 3 deg C - Newcastle fans will be visiting and many will be almost naked - should we be worried? Blankies at the ready?
snow conditions
@Scamper, as someone from Sundlerland...niver worry man.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Scamper, as someone from Sundlerland...niver worry man.

I'm trying not to....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy