Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Unsubstantiated rumour - Dynastar sold/for sale?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any truth in this - SZK is close to the sharp end?

http://www.telemarktips.com/TeleNews.htm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Dynatsar Sold: FLASEHOOD.
Dynaster for sale: TRUE, Everything is for sale. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, nobody wants Dynastar after my review of the contact 11!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm a great fan of all things Dynastar but can't help but feel it suffers from trying to be all things to all people - it's never going to be able to compete in the mass market with companies like Salomon, Atomic and Rossignol. It seems odd, given that it is part of the same group as Rossignol that it even tries to! My feeling is that Dyna has a lot of credibility in its race and freeride/freestyle skis and it should concentrate on them. But what do I know - I'm just a punter rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, That's exactly what they are doing. The last thing, if you ask those whom work with Dynastar, would want, is to be considered like a brand such as SHALOM. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm glad about that but you've got to feel that the Contact, Distinct and Driver ranges are a bit "non-core" then.

Just seen that the 07 skis are online now. I'd love to be able to justify a pair of those XXLs (and find the right conditions for them consistently). Interesting to see that the Legend Pros are pictured with the "Early Tram" bindings but there is no obvious reference to them on the site
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:
I'm glad about that but you've got to feel that the Contact, Distinct and Driver ranges are a bit "non-core" then.

You obviously don't ski in poutine country. The only OTHER skis there are the 9X/9S/Oversize.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm a fan of Dynastar as well and like Arno's take is about right... MAybe they should consolidate into their strongest market.

And I never like to see smaller compnies taking on the world as it tends to destroy the very essense of what made them special
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Exactly.

I asked my contact at Rossi in Voiron who told me that the rumour is true.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

poutine country

poutine.

as served with chips?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
poma wrote:
Quote:

poutine country

poutine.

as served with chips?

Poutine discussed on this food thread
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Poutine is the living proof that the French culture that was exported to Quebec did not include their culinary sophistication.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidof wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Exactly.

as true as snowheads is for sale Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
davidof wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Exactly.

as true as snowheads is for sale Laughing

Well there was that rumour launched by someone last year while Admin was on holiday so yes, it is a true rumour. Very Happy

Apparently the Dynastar sale has been water cooler talk at Rossi since the late spring. Officially there is denial, suspicion is that there have been some talks or discussion about Dynastar's future in the group.

Quiksilver has been criticised for paying too much for Rossi, maybe this will be a way of amortizing those costs to some extent? QS also have huge ambitions for Rossi to build it into a multi-billion dollar brand although I wonder if this is realistic. We are talking about taking turnover from around 250 million (I think) to 1 billion over the next five years with clothing being a big expansion area. Currently there is a great deal of restructuring to cut costs and get better profitability on the existing sales. I guess that means more outsourcing with Rossi France and USA doing design and development and the Chinese or someone building the skis... except maybe for the high end models. I think this could play well for the people still building in Europe and North-America. A retailer told me that marques such as Movement and BD are selling all they can make at the moment as people look for something special in their gear. No doubt snowHead in the trade could tell us if this is the case.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy