Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milan Malpensa T2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not really a ski question but it’s the start of our ski holiday !!

We arrive at Milan Malpensa T2 at 23:25 via Easy Jet. Question is does anyone know how long it will take us to get through customs/ immigration at that time and whether we will make the hire car desk in the terminal before it closes at 23:59 !!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hils68, have flown into Malpensa several times and it sounds tight to me. Even if you have a 15 min delay in landing that could scupper your plans. (And have you checked the hire desks are definitely in the same terminal?)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bags always seem to take a while at Malpensa, skis esp, might be worth just booking one of the airport hotels with shuttle and get the desk first thing if possible
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We did similar in 2020 can't remember exact timings but wind cancelled our flights on the morning and we ended up getting a similar late evening EJ flight out. We sent one person ahead to sprint to the car hire desk whilst I waited for the bags. He/we made it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I haven't been thru terminal 2 since COVID but that does seem a bit tight, if you end up at a remote stand being bused to the terminal you could be in trouble, also "in terminal" at terminal 2 can mean in the car hire center which is all the way through and out of the terminal across the road along the covered path into another building.
That being said the one time we have arrived later than scheduled at T2 (12:30 rather than 10:30) the lovely lady on the AVIS desk did wait for us to arrive, so make sure they have your flight number.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That would be way too tight for my liking, Sleazyjet aren't known for their timekeeping and what with all the passport stamping that needs to take place on entering the EU these days! Shocked

Also, are you sure that the car hire desk that stays open is definitely in Terminal 2 and not Terminal 1?

Different airport I know, but last year in Barcelona, the desk in T2 closed early evening and we had to get the bus around to T1 to find a desk open later. Our flight wasn't even that late, arrived around 2030.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hils68, phew! I wouldn't put money on it. Wot @alasdair.graham, suggests. Unless you can guarantee that the desk will stay open?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
t44tomo wrote:
We did similar in 2020 can't remember exact timings but wind cancelled our flights on the morning and we ended up getting a similar late evening EJ flight out. We sent one person ahead to sprint to the car hire desk whilst I waited for the bags. He/we made it.

I just checked this, we actually landed in Linate (with alitaliA) not Malpensa, at 22.55, but I did note on the email I found that when I was looking at car hire for malpensa (where the cancelled EJ flight was due to land) all the car hire was from T1 not T2. This was feb 2020 though so things may well have changed. Actually I'm not convinced of that, something else on car hire from easyjet does say T2, but academic as all got cancelled.

Airport hotel and early start to resort may be a safer plan, but I guess that depends a bit on flexibility of your in resort accomodation booking.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If there is more than 1 of you why wait for skis and bags? Leave one person collect luggage and the other hot foot it through to collect car?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy