Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Elite Hero LT

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What are your thoughts on the Rossignol Elite Hero LT skis please? I’ve got 60 years of skiing experience however more recently on softer all mountain Soul 7’s which I love in soft snow and late season slush. However I’m planning on skiing in colder harder conditions and want a ski that’s stable and grips well without as much effort as a GS racing ski. Is the Elite Hero 2020 year a good 2nd hand option please? Thanks. (It has to be Rossignol Eh oh! )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the absence of some direct feedback, here is a review of the 2020 version, with the R22 plate:
https://www.proskilab.co.uk/h/men-s-piste-performance/ski-reviews-2020-rossignol-hero-elite-lt-ti-r22/671
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Lesnarcisses, I rented a pair a few years ago and swapped them after a day. Floppy and no grip.

If it has to be Rossi's you're limited these days as their range has gone down the drain
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh no that’s not what I wanted to hear but very much appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Lesnarcisses, It depends a bit on how strong you are and how aggressively you ski. And then buying a second-hand ski - what is its history and how good was the last service that it had.
I wouldn't describe it as floppy.
I've just spent a unnecessary amount of time trying to decide how to describe them Laughing I've got as far as "They're fine" Laughing Not as heavy and powerful as a GS race ski, which means they're easier to ski. Personally, I don't find them exciting to ski but they're dependable.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know several good and experienced skiers (all live in the Alps) and they ski on these on the piste and they are very positive about them. They can be had for a very fair price, even new, and are predominantly red, so are quite fast. You could also look at the Masters series, which I think are a little bit more ski and also more cost.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree with what @SaraJ, says. Solid but not much fun. I also thought that they were more turny than I was expecting from a 22m radius ski..... That said, I don't find skis over 18m or under 12m much fun for everyday skiing on piste.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Lesnarcisses, I skied on a set (without the R22 plate) a couple of years back and found them a bit dull. I had just got of my 157 Hero SLs though. I think if you are fixed on Rossi and the LT then just by a set and see how you get on. It may be a softer ski with a shorter radius (15m ?) may give you the grip you want without so much effort.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy