Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salopette / ski pant repairs - inner taped seam

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey all,

I've just washed my salopettes in Niqwax cleaner and the interior taped seam (at the crotch) has come undone - showing what looks like a plastic liner inside.

Plastic liner is fine - but the taped seam being undone is going to be a pain - I'm not sure I'll be able to repair with heat sealed tape because of the plastic nature of the lining.. anyone got any good advice please?

These are stretch type salopettes, not the old shell type/gortex.

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Taped seam for waterproofing over stitching? Could you replace with tenacious tape? It’s bloody marvellous stuff and ridiculously cheap.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Kittya,

Thanks for that. It's the inner lining - and the seams are only about 2cm wide - like a gusset inside the pants (the only bit that's sealed like this too!) All the Tenacious tapes I've found are about 7cm wide up to now.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve used Gorilla tape in the past. And that was a full stitch issue.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bonsnoangel wrote:
Hi Kittya,

Thanks for that. It's the inner lining - and the seams are only about 2cm wide - like a gusset inside the pants (the only bit that's sealed like this too!) All the Tenacious tapes I've found are about 7cm wide up to now.

Erm. You can just cut to the width you need. Very easy to wrangle Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy