Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need Help with New Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a 33M advanced/expert skier.

Mostly like to ski off piste, moguls, challenging terrain.

I've been skiing in K2 Spyne 110 boots (size 26) for the last several years and it has never been a happy marriage from a comfort standpoint.

Performance wise, they've been solid, but they absolutely kill my feet. Constantly unbuckling them on lift lines, even having to end days early because of how bad the pain has gotten.

I went to the shop that I bought them from to see if they could punch them out a bit or do anything to remedy the situation.

The guy there basically said I should probably be in a 27 (although I was in a 27 prior to the 26 and was told since my toes weren't right up against the toe area of the liner I should size down) and that he wasn't sure there was much he could do and thinks I'm in the wrong boot.

He's going to punch out some areas and see if we can relieve the issue but he feels pretty certain that this wasn't the right boot for me and the last isn't wide enough.

I'm not sure if he's just trying to sell me a new pair of boots or not but in the event that his efforts do not produce any relief for me, what boots should I be considering as replacements?

I like to feel locked in as I ski pretty aggressively. Any extra room feels very uncomfortable from a performance standpoint. I'm not hucking cliffs or anything like that but I do like to ski the most challenging terrain I can find when skiing in UT, CO, BC, etc.

Any advice, suggestions is very much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ll say it first - find a good bootfitter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ML9016, Hi and welcome to snowHeads.
Again - find a good boot fitter Smile
No point is recommending a particular boot as so many variables - Foot size and shape, calf size, degree of ankle dorsiflexion, length of lower leg, pronation/supination of feet..... hence you need someone with plenty of experience to do the assessment first and then give you the boot that will suit your needs and it will still need a lot of tweaking after so needs to be someone relatively local to allow revisits.
Sounds like you are in North America so you may be better posting on one of the forums over there as snowHead is Eurocentric (although there are worldwide contributors).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy