Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Replacement Straps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Seeking some Snowheads wisdom.

Just realised (please don’t judge me too harshly) that I can completely disassemble my Oakley Airbrake XL goggles. I was thinking I would have to replace them as the strap has lost its’ elasticity and is not holding the goggles to my face properly any more. I’ve now removed the strap from the goggles and am looking to buy a replacement.

However, when I search online I only get results for the Airbrake MX goggle strap (which is a motorcross goggle) and can’t find the Airbrake XL ski goggle strap specifically. The fitting for the MX strap does look (superficially) the same as the one I’ve removed but obviously very hard to be sure from a picture.

Does anyone know either where I can get a direct replacement OR if other Oakley goggles have the same fitting and are therefore interchangeable ?

Thanks for any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't answer specifically I'm afraid, but ultimately the end of an elastic strap is folded and stitched over the plastic fitting. Any strap could therefore be made to fit given the application of a little stitching.

Note : MX goggles are worn over Full-face helmets which will be considerably larger in circumference than a ski-helmet , so bear that in mind if you decide to buy one as a replacement. perhaps a laid flat measurement would be helpful if the seller is agreeable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Blackblade, I just sewed a seam in my A frames to tighten the strap
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Blackblade, I’m pretty sure the Airbrakes have been discontinued. My partner has a pair with the elastic in the same state as yours, but as the lenses have had it as well, I’ve replaced them with a new model. Just be aware that even if you fix up the strap, you may not be able to get any more lenses should you need some.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarlet You’re quite right, they have been discontinued. But I managed to get three new replacement lenses largely as the result of asking Snowheads for help and thought I was then sorted for a while. Then the b****y strap started to give up after spending this December in Zermatt !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy