Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda - guides?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all: does anyone have any personal recommendations for guides in this area if the Italian Alps? We will be staying in Selva Val Gardena, but could meet said guide anywhere nearby on the route.

The idea is to get to good little areas off the main circuit with someone who knows it all really well. Ski tuition not necessary, but if it's part of the package, I'm always happy to learn more! But the main aim is travelling and experiencing the area.

Group of four adults, all are advanced to expert, so no piste is off-limits, and off-piste definitely on the cards if conditions allow, although two of the group will need to rent avi gear. Sadly, very poor Italian language skills between all of us, which is pretty shameful.

Appreciate any thoughts Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a free/tips guiding service based in Selva, look out for info in your hotel. The service is fantastic and run by retired ski instructors. There is a meeting point near the lift, first thing the guide does is filter out anyone who in not a reasonably good intermediate so the group is not held up. We spent 3 days with the guide and got taken to all the best areas and mountain restaurants, where the guide ate for free every day, same meal, a big steak.

One day he stopped at the side of a piste and took us to a restaurant in a slay, it was the Tana dell'Orso.

The tours he took us on were not focussed on the Sella Ronda circuits, rather they focussed on getting us to the best snow

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 5-01-24 21:27; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No personal recommendation, but I think most Ski Schools would provide an Instructor to act as a guide
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One of the Selva ski schools offers a Ski Safari…. for a cost. If there is four of you a guide would be 300-400 euro I imagine. However the Sella Ronda is easy to ski around. Advance skiers - could do it by late lunch. Great area. You will have time to do spur offs from the main circuit if you are decent fast skiers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at Skiguiding: Grande Guerra Tour which runs on Fridays.
https://www.valgardena.it/en/detail/base/events/skiguiding-grande-guerra-tour/BBB57500026C47D0BA1C58FF65D6545B/05-01-2024/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JimboS wrote:
There is a free/tips guiding service based in Selva, look out for info in your hotel. The service is fantastic and run by retired ski instructors. There is a meeting point near the lift, first thing the guide does is filter out anyone who in not a reasonably good intermediate so the group is not held up. We spent 3 days with the guide and got taken to all the best areas and mountain restaurants, where the guide ate for free every day, same meal, a big steak.

One day he stopped at the side of a piste and took us to a restaurant in a slay, it was the Tana dell'Orso.

The tours he took us on were not focussed on the Sella Ronda circuits, rather they focussed on getting us to the best snow

I would love to know more about this …been to selva 3 times and not come across it … is there any information online anywhere ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was just a little card on the info board in our hotel. Try sending a message to the ski school or tourist info, include the pic above showing the guide. I can't remember his name now but it seemed like everyone knew him. We also met him at the Christmas market playing the alpine horn.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy